Process Improvement Specialist - San Juan, PR
You'll join a high caliber team where you're assisting, educating, problem-solving and resolving tenuous situations to the best possible outcomes. Bring your people skills, emotional strength and attention to detail. In return we offer the latest tools and most intensive training program in the industry. Get ready to start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position is for an Operational Excellence Manager / Six Sigma Black Belt within the Optum Operational Excellence organization. The candidate will support areas within the Provider, Claims, Clinical, Payment Integrity, Customer Service and Revenue Cycle Management business units. Chief responsibilities of this position include setting up the Operational Excellence framework, building the innovation culture, improving process performance and driving value for our business partners through implementation of improvement projects. The candidate also functions as focal point for Lean Six Sigma training facilitation and certification. The candidate will work closely with Operations Leadership to identify improvement opportunities and develop innovation roadmap.
- Drive the creation of breakthrough insights into business processes which unify and align strategy resulting in enhanced stakeholder value.
- Defines the quality agenda for the business in alignment to Customer strategic objectives and priorities
- Drive and implement tools, processes and policies designed to focus on business process improvement to enhance business value.
- Projects execution and mentoring: lead/facilitate improvement projects, measure and validate project results, and facilitate successful implementation of all facets of process improvements or changes identified (need strong change management skills along with analytical thinking and LSS methodology knowledge)
- Facilitate & drive Six Sigma quality culture in the organization
- Collaborate with Operations teams to enable stable/ Zero surprise operations: defining appropriate metrics to gage processes performance, providing insights to critical operations problems
- Collaborate well with customer quality & operations teams
***ENGLISH PROFICIENCY ASSESSMENT WILL BE REQUIRED AFTER APPLICATION***
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience driving process improvements
- Experience in usage of Six Sigma Tools
- English Proficiency
- Green Belt Certification
- Black Belt Certification
- Training and presentation skills
- Experience in Healthcare/Service Industry
- Experience leading change towards an effective work environment
- Analytical skills and process focus
- Solid impact and influencing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.