Enrollment Specialist - National Remote
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our Service Centers, improve our Service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions, and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their Healthcare needs, and stay on track with their Health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation, and Performance.
This position is full-time, Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 11:30am – 8:00pm CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Apply knowledges / skills to activities that often vary from day to day
- Demonstrate a moderate level of knowledge and skills in own function
- Make outbound calls to members who are eligible to participate in one of our Health Management coaching programs
- Receive inbound calls to enroll members & / or provide customer service
- Require little assistance with standard and non - standard requests
- Solve routine problems on own
- Work with supervisor to solve more complex problems
- Prioritize and organize own work to
- Determine member eligibility
- Follow protocols to task requests appropriately
- Check level of benefit codes to determine eligibility for program enrollment to determine next steps
- Reference automated job aid tools via the computer to identify appropriate procedures when needed
- Access claims information
- Review and interpret call history documentation (e.g., case notes)
- Navigate between computer screens and platforms to research information (e.g., medical, clinical, or benefits information)
- Take calls and questions from members regarding case status
- Reference automated job aid tools via computer to research relevant rules, regulations, or procedures
- Learn computer system and process changes and updates and incorporate into daily work
- Contact internal resources if necessary to clarify information
- Identify appropriate resource (e.g., care management consultant, case manager, supervisor) to respond to member questions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of general customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- 6+ months of experience working in a call center environment
- Ability to work 11:30AM - 8:00PM Central Time
- Ability to create, edit, save, and send documents utilizing Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Experience working within the Healthcare Industry.
- Bilingual fluency (English / Spanish)
- Experience working in a Hospital, Physician's Office, or Medical Clinical setting
- Professional experience in a clerical or administrative support related role
- Working Knowledge of Medical Terminology to communicate with members and
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $16.00 - $26.88. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada / New York City residents is $16.83 - $29.66. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentivesa
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #YELLOW