Insurance Verification Specialist - Remote in Boulder, CO.
If you have the ability to travel to Boulder, CO, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
The Insurance Verification Specialist is responsible for serving as a liaison between insurance payers, patients and providers to ensure coverage eligibility and authorizations are accurately document in a patient’s record for hospital services.
This position is full time (40 hours / week). Once hours are set, they will remain the same unless the needs of the business change. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime and weekends.
This position is in partnership with Boulder Community Health at 4747 Arapahoe Avenue, Boulder, CO.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Verify Insurance eligibility/benefits and verify/obtain authorizations in at least 2 of the following:
- Routine and urgent imaging exams and procedures
- Surgical Procedures
- Cardiology Testing and procedures
- Adult and Pediatric outpatient rehabilitation
- Outpatient Infusions
- Notifications of Admission
- Knowledge of Insurance authorization process including, but not limited to:
- Which exams/procedures require prior authorization
- Understand clinical information needed to initiate an authorization
- Navigate payer portals and appropriately document reference numbers when initiating authorization or checking for status updates
- Knowledge of Epic Scheduling, pre-registration and registration workflows to:
- Accurately verify insurance coverage and eligibility for patients
- Appropriate notation of accounts to keep registration and scheduling informed on authorization status
- Warm transfer patients to correct scheduling area if authorization is not obtained
- Resource to providers, patients and modalities through:
- Appropriately refer questions to clinical areas for clarification
- Provide authorization status updates and cost estimates
- Keep up-to-date with hospital and Optum policies and procedures
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Ability to travel to Boulder, CO to pick up equipment
- Ability to work any 8 hour shift between 8:00am – 5:00pm including the flexibility to work occasional overtime per business need
- 1+ years of customer service experience in a medical environment
- Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Outlook, (scheduling meetings and sending e-mails), Microsoft Word (create and send documents) and ability to navigate Window and have excellent keyboarding skills
- Basic understanding of medical terminology and anatomy
- Experience in Hospital Revenue Cycle (Scheduling, Registration, Authorization, Billing, etc.)
- Epic Experience preferred
- Reside within commutable distance of Boulder, CO
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem Solving
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $16.00 - $26.88. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.