Application Support Specialist
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data, and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
You will enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide end user support for our SaaS products, troubleshooting and resolving inquiries and issues
- Escalate issues to senior members of the Support team and/or Engineering as necessary, while providing your findings about the issue, steps to reproduce and any other relevant information
- Assist non-technical oriented clients with the use of our Web-based software
- Provide end user management (provisions, role/access changes, password resets)
- Team up with QA and Release teams around User Acceptance Testing (UAT), as required
- Work closely with Integrations/PS teams to resolve more complex issues around connectivity, security, and data exchange
- Adhere to the defined Service-Level-Agreement (SLA) requirements
- Document procedures and create knowledge base articles to enhance our self-service abilities as well as streamline the support process
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested
- This role is Remote Nationwide
- Schedule: Weekend Shift; 4 days per week, 10-hour shifts; Thursday - Sunday, 8am - 7pm CST (**employee will need to work the first 4 weeks with core team Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm for training only, will then move to regular schedule**)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science OR 2+ years of technical support experience
- 2+ years of experience in a similar application support role
- 2+ years of experience supporting SaaS products/platforms
- Superior customer service orientation with focus on customer satisfaction
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts effectively with the internal teams and to adjust the level of detail and complexity when communicating with customers/end users
- Previous experience with CRM platforms like Salesforce, Service Now or equivalent
- Previous experience with Jira or equivalent
- Database experience: SQL using SSMS
- Healthcare background or knowledge of healthcare terminology. HL7 standard, HIPAA compliance and other related topics
- Experience with electronic health record (EHR) software like Cerner, EPIC, and others
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged, and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $21.68 to $38.56. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada / New York City residents is $23.94 to $42.40. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.