Employer Installation Specialist - National Remote
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
To provide leadership and support to the COBRA Team by analyzing current processes, problem solving, designing new processes and implementing improvement. Works directly with our COBRA vendor, our internal systems team, and outside vendors to transfer data and develop procedures. Works directly with the processing team to assist with obstacles and to train them on process improvements.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Analyze manual processes and make appropriate recommendations for automation, including the completion of the Return-on-Investment Analysis. When indicated, creates Microsoft Access databases to automate processes.
- Recommend additional upgrades to the WEX system and work directly with vendor to implement changes.
- Analyze quarterly and mid-term system releases, test, write procedures, deploy, and assist in training the team.
- Maintain a systems user guide and other unit procedures, verifying that all COBRA procedures are compliant with Federal COBRA regulations.
- Download data directly into WEX system after working with customer and Electronic File Vendor to set up the proper specifications.
- Provide quality checking on all deliverables including initial notices, election notices, rate change letters, initial account setups, rate changes, benefit plan changes, customer reports, payment processing, and disability extensions, as needed.
- Develop and maintain reports for documentation of the team’s quality and other monthly team statistics.
- Research COBRA regulations as necessary regarding situations that arise to ensure accordance with COBRA regulations, working with the Compliance unit as necessary.
- Assist COBRA account administrators and Retiree/Direct Billing administrators with the setup of accounts or other duties necessary to contribute to the team effort.
- Maintains the WEX System for over 2000 customers.
- Creates, runs and delivers daily changes files to vendors and partners.
- Updates lettersets in our WEX system, and properly sets up customer’s account structures.
- Runs monthly customer reports, enters in adjustments to the tables, maintenance of our COBRA data tables
- Maintains the daily running of letters
- Creates ad hoc reports for our customers by designing queries and quality checking the data prior to releasing the report.
- Runs the monthly audit of the enrollment system to the WEX system
- Adds the COBRA General Notice datasets in TSO
- Trains new clients on the COBRA web and handles SQL table failures.
- Mentors fellow team members
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years’ experience working in COBRA, Plan Services, Enrollment, Billing, Claim Services, or related field
- 3+ years’ experience using Microsoft Access to write queries, develop reports, and create database applications
- Ability to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Associate Degree (or higher) including programming, applied math, statistics, OR 4+ years relevant work experience OR a comparable combination of education and/or experience
- Have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Reside in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Must be customer focused and have experience in dealing with customer issues.
- Ability to plan, organize, and accomplish assignments in a timely and credible manner with minimal supervision and flexibility to meet changing priorities.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical and non-technical information, in written and oral forms, in systems, user and customer environments.
- Analytical, problem solving, leadership, and project management skills
- Ability to adapt to a variety of personalities while being able to think creatively and spontaneously.
- Ability and desire to continually learn and take on additional responsibilities.
- Ability to maintain a positive, goal-oriented attitude in an every changing environment
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of healthcare. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life’s best work.SM
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $26.15 - $46.63. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada / New York City residents is $28.85 - $51.30. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.