Facilities Specialist - San Antonio, TX
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Provides support for Facilities and EHS activities in one or more WellMed markets. Responds to requests by e-mail or telephone for facilities support. Documents, tracks, and monitors assigned requests to ensure resolution in a timely manner. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Facilitates smooth opening/transition of new and/or acquired sites.
- Support of Environment of Care compliance activities to support the Joint Commission Accreditation
- Coordinates performance improvement activities for Facilities support of the Environment of Care
- Manages assigned work orders in ServiceNow (or other software). Completes notes and closes work orders to customer’s satisfaction
- Responds to telephone calls and e-mails for Facilities clinical support. Escalates issues to management when necessary
- Orders materials and services when needed, obtaining appropriate approvals when necessary
- Performs assigned site visits and inspections, using correct reporting tools
- Monitors performance of service providers and material suppliers. Facilitates re-sourcing activities where applicable
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associates degree in Business Administration or a related field (2+ years of related experience may be substituted in lieu of a Associates degree)
- 4+ years of experience in facilities support or clinical compliance or the Joint Commission compliance
- Current driver’s license
- Intermediate skills MS Office applications
- Access to reliable transportation
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hours on occasion
- Ability and willingness to travel (25%)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize work orders
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.