Business Systems Specialist
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function create and deliver high quality system solutions for our applications, products and services across all technology functions. They consult with users and technology specialists to define business processes and the information systems for supporting those processes. Individuals in these roles may perform analysis and also serve as business liaisons to understand and refine business requirements. They provide technical support in developing systems that are cost effective and meet users’ requirements. This function works to create systems that work together in a cohesive manner, enforcing standards and methods consistently across the enterprise. Roles may support both current system improvements and maintenance along with new system development.
- Support the gathering and documenting of business requirements
- Understand and help to clarify business/technology problem
- Identify and gather non-functional requirements
- Actively participate in the adopted software methodology
- Actively participate in ensuring high quality solution and apply understanding of testing methodologies
- Extensive work experience within own function
- Work is frequently completed without established procedures
- Work independently
- May act as a resource for others
- May coordinate others' activities.- Extensive work experience within own function
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school Diploma/GED (or higher) OR 2+ years of equivalent business analysis experience
- 2+ years of experience with Business Analyst or Systems Configuration in a managed care setting
- Intermediate level of proficiency in MS Office applications
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Knowledge in Visio
- Experience in running and generating reports in SQL and Tableau
- Experience in claims or utilization management
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.