Licensed EAP Specialist - Remote anywhere in California
$1,000 Sign-on Bonus for external candidates
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
OptumHealth Behavioral Solutions has multiple opportunities for Employee Assistance Program Counselors. The EAP Specialist is responsible for taking inbound calls to provide telephonic assessment and solution focused consultation to clients calling regarding their behavioral health benefits. In addition to assessment and triage, the successful candidate will engage in short-term problem resolution, authorization and referrals for routine and crisis callers.
Schedule: Starting approximately at 10am - 6:45pm Pacific Time, Monday - Friday
If you are located in California, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Answer inbound calls for EAP and Behavioral
- Assessment and triage, short - term problem resolution, authorization and referrals for routine and crisis callers
- Provide solution focused consultation to assist member with issue resolution
- Determine member eligibility and benefit coverage and triage as appropriate
- Update and enter clinical notes in care management database
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master's Degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, or related field
- Current, unrestricted, independent behavioral health license in the state of California (LPCC, LCSW, LMFT, LP Licensed Psychologist, etc.)
- 3+ years of clinical experience, POST Master's
- 2+ years of experience with Windows PC applications, must be able to type and navigate around multiple systems, using multiple screens
- Ability to work 10am - 6:45pm Pacific Time, Monday - Friday
- Reside in state of California
- CEAP (or eligible to obtain)
- Call Center experience
- 2+ years of experience working with Adult Crisis population
- Experience supporting an Employee Assistance Program
- Experience in both behavioral health and substance abuse, dual diagnosis
- Proven excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California Residents Only: The hourly range for California residents is $27.07 to $53.08. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.