Payment Posting Specialist
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
Hours: This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am – 4:30pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
Location: Our office is located at Owensboro Health Business Center, 2511 Frederica St., Owensboro, KY 42301
- Posts payments based on explanation of benefits (EOBs) from insurance companies and government agencies in an accurate and timely manner
- Posts patient/guarantor payments received in person or via mail in an accurate and timely manner
- Set up patient/guarantors on Payment Plans and Payroll Deduction Payment Plans
- Transfers, adjusts, and refunds payments when appropriate for accounts
- Prepares and ensures accuracy of Daily Cash Report that is disseminated to Leadership
- Answers patients' questions on patient responsible portions, co-pays, deductibles, write-off's, etc. Resolves patient complaints or explains why certain services are not covered
- Must have the ability to understand and direct patients with appeals, grievances, and complaints to the appropriate individual or agency
- Responsible for preparing and ensuring accuracy of bank deposits from multiple locations
What makes this a special challenge? For one, we want to create a quality experience for every person we serve. So the bar is high for accuracy, communications style and effectiveness. You’ll need to be researching and resolving problems before, during and after calls within a high volume, demanding environment.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience EOB insurance remit, payment posting all within medical billing
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Suite; Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work onsite at Owensboro Health Business Center, 2511 Frederica St., Owensboro, KY 42301. Be available to work 40 hours per week within the operating hours of the site with the ability to work full-time, Monday - Friday between 8:00am – 4:30pm including the flexibility to work occasional overtime given the business need
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- 1+ year of experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.