Senior Business Systems Specialist - Las Vegas, NV
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities, and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable, and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 6:00am - 6:00pm PST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime and/or weekends. Our office is located at 2720 N Tenaya Way, Las Vegas, 89128
- Consult with users and technology specialists to define business processes and be the liaison between the two parties
- Perform Business Analysis
- Ability to define project objective, scope, write business and technical requirements
- Business Liaison to refine business requirements
- Communicate and validate requirements with stakeholders
- Validate solution meets business needs
- Technical support in developing systems that meet requirements included but not limited to new development, system improvement, and ongoing maintenance for projects within the Microsoft Suite
- Apply technology to enable business solutions
- Ability to work through minimal business problems and determine root cause
- Produce, publish, and distribute scheduled and ad-hoc client and operational reports relating to the development and performance of products, processes, and technologies
- Define project scope and objectives
- Escalate issues to the Manager and Analyst Leads as appropriate
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher)
- 1+ year of experience evaluating and analyzing data using SQL or other programming language to report and display results
- 1+ years in a technical or metrics-based environment
- 1+ years of experience analyzing and solving customer problems in an office setting environment
- 1+ years of experience working in a professional setting utilizing Microsoft Suite applications (including any of the following: Microsoft Word (create correspondence), Microsoft Excel (ability to sort, filter, and create simple spreadsheets), Microsoft Access (database management) OR Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management)
- Ability to work onsite at 2720 N. Tenaya Way Las Vegas, NV
- Ability to work full-time, (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 6:00am - 6:00pm PST
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience in utilizing Visual Basic to automate and enhance Microsoft Suite Processes
- 1+ year of experience in using Microsoft Access or other relational database to create reporting and interactive User Interfaces for large amounts of users
- VBA in a professional setting
- Healthcare Industry experience
- Experience in Claims Analysis
- Experience in Facets
- Experience in Project Management and Project Management Life Cycle
- Experience in provider or product configuration
Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Nevada residents is $22.45 - $43.89. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.