Marketing Specialist II - Sales Enablement - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This position reports to the Marketing Director, Growth and Retention Marketing at Optum Rx, and primarily supports our Sales teams with presentations and sales enablement tools for client and consultant meetings. This role also supports our suite of self-service tools (slide library, collateral maker, video library) and will work with our sales and client management teams to support growth and retention goals. The ideal candidate will have a mix of marketing acumen, eye for design, solid PowerPoint skills, experience supporting Sales teams, and enjoys working in a fast-paced organization.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support our growth teams with finalist presentations for multi-million-dollar opportunities with Fortune 500 companies, health plans, and government entities. This position will manage and support ~200+ sales presentations annually. Additionally, this position may develop custom executive presentations (~30+ annually), prospect websites, and capability demos
- Partner and collaborate with sales and internal SMEs to determine presentation strategy and content, coordinate development/design, and send for review and final approval
- Support the administration and maintenance of our Presentation Hub and all slides, assets, and tools within. Regularly update the Hub to ensure slides and collateral contain current, in-brand design and content
- Execute the design/redesign of sales and product slides and materials, to create a cohesive design across all presentation materials
- Prepare and implement internal communications related to new slides, content, or tool developments
- Innovate on new sales tools, such as videos, animation, and interactive demos
- Attend brand training for PowerPoint, imagery, and collateral design under Optum and Optum Rx brand and maintain currency on all brand standards
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of experience in marketing, sales, or client management support
- 3+ years of experience in a deadline driven environment
- Experienced multitasker and project manager with exceptional organizational skills able to manage multiple projects and effectively establish priorities
- Advanced level of proficiency with MS PowerPoint
- Proven creative mindset or graphic design skills, with the ability to understand and adhere to brand guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or communications, and/or graphic design experience
- Health care or pharmacy benefit management experience
- Graphic design or desktop publishing experience
- Experience working with sales and client management teams
- Business acumen to work with senior leadership
- Proven strategic thinker, problem solving skills, and commitment to continuous quality improvement
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate with various levels of the organization to include C-suite and executive level
- Proven deadline driven with a solid sense of urgency
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $67,800 to $133,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.