Hawaii Housing Coordinator - Telecommute in Hawaii
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work. The Health Plan Housing Coordinator supports homeless or at-risk members who may be eligible for and in need of housing support services. The Coordinator works collaboratively with local housing authorities, homeless outreach agencies, and other social service organizations to support members with accessing and utilizing various community resources that will ensure successful transitions and/or sustained community tenure.
This position is telecommute in Hawaii and will require travel up to 75% of the time.
- Coordinate and oversee the implementation and delivery of housing support services to health plan members
- Identify and report on the number of health plan members in need of housing support services
- Create and maintain tracking databases for referrals, status of members in need of and/or receiving supportive housing services, delivery of pre and post-tenancy housing support services, and prioritization of candidates for pre-and post-tenancy housing support services
- Actively participate in homeless continuum of care meetings to support homeless service providers with locating and placing homeless health plan members in permanent supportive housing
- Actively collaborate and coordinate with various housing-focused community organizations to ensure continuity of care and successful tenancy
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Services or a related field OR High school Diploma/GED with 3+ years case management experience in community homeless housing
- 2+ years working directly with homeless or at-risk community members and coordinating services related to housing, transportation, entitlements, food, or healthcare
- 2+ years working with affordable housing organizations (shelters, transitional housing, permanent supportive housing operators or developers), Homeless Coordinated Entry point(s) as designated by the local Continuum of Care, and/or HUD approved Housing Counseling Agencies
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Solid knowledge and experience in using the State’s Homeless Management and Information System
- Experience with collecting and analyzing data and writing reports
- Solid knowledge of local and community-based social service organizations
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Familiar with the local communities on all islands
- Willing and able to travel locally up to 75% of the time
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master’s degree in Social Service field
- 1+ years working with organizations that manage housing vouchers
- Field based experience working as a homeless outreach worker, case manager, or care coordinator working directly with homeless adults and families
- Experience working independently, managing multiple and often competing demands
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary clinical teams
- Ability to build relationships with community partners
- Ability to work a flexible schedule on rare occassions which may include evenings or weekends
- Ability to present on a variety of topics to different stakeholder groups
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.