Surgical Scheduling Coordinator
*External Candidates Qualify for a $1,000 Sign On Bonus!*
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group. When you join Reliant, you’ll be part of a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led medical group. Everyone works collaboratively on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. With the resources of a global health organization - Optum - behind us, we’re at the forefront of value-based care. Supported by a patient-centric business model - integrated care teams focus on the best patient care, rather than volume. Here, you’ll contribute to an exceptional patient experience. Discover a place where you can help shape the future of health care and do your life’s best work.(sm)
Reliant Medical Group is seeking a compassionate, enthusiastic and professional Surgical Scheduling Coordinator to join their General and Vascular Surgery team in Worcester, MA. This is a Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm position. This position schedules, pre-registers and arranges pretesting for all patients with complete and accurate information; monitors timely access while demonstrating unparalleled customer service.
- Coordinates all patient appointments at multiple facilities as required. Works with supervisor or others to develop enterprise-wide patient scheduling for testing, treatment, Pre-Admission Testing, surgery, physician referrals, and teaching. Schedules any additional appointments that may be required due to abnormalities found in the original series of tests. Pays close attention to detail to ensure all physicians’ testing orders are carried out. Schedules history and physical appointments for patients, coordinating date of pre-testing appointment with date of surgery. Works with staff in Pre-Admission Testing to maximize available appointments, accommodating patient requests whenever possible. Coordinates bookings daily with the Operating Room and effectively works with surgery staff and physician to resolve scheduling discrepancies. Contacts all scheduled patients via patient letter or other means, with complete documentation of all appointments, preparatory instructions, and directions. Maintains appointment log as necessary
- Coordinates with other physicians’ offices and hospital personnel when there is a request for surgical assistance with a case, canceling office hours in order to perform surgery, special equipment or x-ray films in the operating room
- Verifies patient’s demographic and insurance information. Pre-registers patients obtaining complete financial and demographic information and enters all information into computer in a timely and accurate manner. Verifies all insurance cards, documenting eligibility status. Notifies physicians and/or patients whenever an insurance company denies an admission. Effectively works with physicians and insurance companies to resolve problems. If patient has FCHP, ensures procedure is scheduled at the appropriate facility
- Collaborates with Referral Management when authorization is required. Provides insurance companies with information and/or reports required to authorize procedures. Ensures second opinion has been obtained when required. Ensures patient has signed all necessary forms in the required time frame. Provides the facility where procedure will take place with prior approval/authorization numbers. Advises physicians of insurance requirements and acts as a liaison between the physician, patient and insurance company
- Coordinates and processes all pre-admission activities. Files physician orders, consents, histories and physicals appropriately and indicates receipt of same. Retrieves filed patient information and places in patient’s charts. Ensures test results and packet information is complete
- Receives and routes incoming telephone calls. Answers the telephone in a courteous and professional manner, identifying self and department. Routes incoming calls to appropriate employee in a professional manner. Maintains a complete and accurate message log to ensure appropriate routing of messages
- Complies with health and safety requirements and with regulatory agencies such as DPH, etc.
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives
- Enhances professional growth and development through educational programs, seminars, etc.
- Attends a variety of meetings, conferences, and seminars as required or directed
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance is required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Knowledge of a variety of software products such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, etc.
- Keyboard proficiency
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Functions independently and sets priorities according to procedure date and health system requirements
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Job Keywords: Surgical Scheduling Coordinator, Scheduler, Coordinator, Medical, Patient Appointment, Pre-Registration, Worcester, MA, Massachusetts
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.