Senior Executive Assistant & Program Coordinator - El Segundo, CA
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Responsible for performing a wide range of administrative and executive support duties of a highly responsible, time sensitive and confidential nature for the executive management team. Provides primary support to members of the Executive Team (Holdings LLC) with secondary support to vice presidents as capacity allows as well as general office management duties.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Optum's commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer
- Relieves executive management of administrative functions to allow management to focus on strategic responsibilities
- Supports executive management by prioritizing, assisting and executing action items, followups and tasks with minimal supervision
- Manages calendars for executive management requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants to coordinate a variety of meetings
- Arranges travel itineraries (local, national and international travel) and expenses
- Schedules, organizes and coordinates meetings, events, training sessions, interviews, appointments, travel arrangements, conferences and LLC activities for all members of Optum
- Serves as corporate event planner and organizer by scheduling cross market functions and meetings for the company
- Organizes site visits for outside vendors, prospective acquisitions and business development.
- Coordinates logistics for external visitors to the office
- Serves as the primary point of contact, resource and communications between executive management team and the company (i.e. Voice of the Village, internal communications and company inquiries)
- Responds confidently, courteously, knowledgeably and professionally to internal and external phone calls and visitors
- Organizes and communicates incoming and outgoing electronic communications on behalf of executive management including correspondences, reports and memos
- Works with Information Services to manage distribution lists for electronic communications
- Composes and edits correspondences and company memos from written or verbal direction
- Proofreads and ensures clarity as well as grammatical and typographical accuracy for all written documentation
- Prepares, transcribes, composes, types, edits and distributes agendas and minutes of meetings
- Gathers data to create presentations that includes charts and graphs and distributes to appropriate parties
- Reviews mail, determines level of priority and processes accordingly
- Oversees the logistics for new leadership by ensuring permanent workspace with necessary supplies, necessary account access with accompanying IS paperwork completed, proper training and scheduled meet and greets
- Functions as liaison with Optum administration and provides adhoc administrative support for visiting Optum teammates
- Oversees and processes IS paperwork to ensure Optum administrative teammates working within the Optum environment have access to the network
- Functions as administrator for Optum California conference room access and conference lines
- Handle special projects and department specific assignments, sometimes on an urgent basis
- Analyzes and works with department leads to improve and enhance processes for greater efficiency and ease within the organization (i.e. office space, pricing etc.)
- Attends team meetings, phone conferences and trainings
- Mentors and provides leadership to peers and administrative assistants
- Maintains LLC policies and procedures, organizational charts and minutes as required for a public company
- Ensures adequate department supplies and maintenance of department equipment
- Uses, protects, and discloses our patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
- Performs additional duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 1+ years of post-high school education or a degree from a two-year college
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Based: El Segundo, CA
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- 4+ years of office experience at the corporate level
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college and/or a professional certification requiring formal education beyond a two-year college
UnitedHealth Group is a Fortune 5 company with all the resources you'd expect from the largest networks of physicians, hospitals, health facilities and caregivers in the United States and more than 125 other countries.
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Business Analyst Consultant, Consultant, Executive Assistant, El Segundo, CA, California