Front Desk Coordinator
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliable. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. (sm)
In this role the candidate will make a professional, courteous impression to external and internal customers by greeting, registering, collecting payments, arriving, scheduling appointments, answering phones, and assisting with any problems included in the check in/check out process.
- Ensure all patients and guests feel comfortable and welcome
- Accurately obtain and enter information in a timely manner and according to standards in appropriate systems
- Allscripts- demographic and insurance information, insurance eligibility, posting of collected payments and arrival of each patient
- Assign a medical record number. When appropriate schedule walk-in patients and return follow-up appointments
- Scan pertinent documents into administrative file
- Perform modified duties for the surgical and specialty services as needed or assigned by operations manager(s)
- Perform eligibility checks as required
- Monitor waiting area, screen and distinguish emergencies or STAT situations, notifying back office personnel and/or physician as necessary
- Process copayments, deductibles, payments on account through “end of day” batch reports. Prepare the deposit to send to Administration
- Answer questions about the organization and provide other information
- Receive, sort and route mail, including publications, to appropriate personnel. Accept and sign for all types of deliveries
- Share in the maintenance of office machines (copier, printer, fax, credit card), assist users, send faxes, and make copies when requested
- Perform all other job duties as directed by the supervisor or manager
- Answer phones and schedule appointments
- Contacting incoming referrals
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher) OR 3+ years of experience working in a healthcare office setting
- 1+ years of experience working in a healthcare office setting
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
Knowledge of medical terminology
- Communicate messages accurately to patients, teammates, and employees of outside facilities such as medical offices and pharmacies in a positive and professional manner
- Operate a computer, multiline telephone systems, and other standard office equipment
- Accurately and appropriately document messages in a medical record
- Adapt to a fast-paced environment and multi-task under pressure
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solver, detail oriented, reliable, and a self-starter
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $16.00 to $23.51. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: OBGYN Front Desk Coordinator, Colorado Springs, Colorado, CO, #RPO, #Red, OBGYN, Associate Patient Care Coordinator, Medical Receptionist, Front Office, Patient Support Representative, Patient Services Representative