Senior Clinical Admin Coordinator - National Remote
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Let's face it, no industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to move health care forward than UnitedHealth Group. We're out to use data, technology and people in ways that help drive change and make the health care system work better for everyone. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive and positive. Take this opportunity to work with a Fortune 6 industry leader.
This position is full-time, Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for other team members
- Manage the intake of members or the admission/discharge information post notification
- Work with hospitals, clinics, facilities and the clinical team to manage requests for services
- Manage the referral process, processing incoming and outgoing referrals and prior authorizations, including intake, notification and census roles
- Resolve inquiries from members and/or providers
Part of the challenge here is dealing positively with members and providers in sometimes challenging circumstances. As a subject matter expert, you'll also be the “go-to” resource for information. The flexibility to work evening hours will also be required.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- 1+ year of experience working in the health care industry
- 1+ year of experience working with medical terminology
- Would prefer candidates that are in the PST zone
- Experience working with health care insurance
- Experience in a hospital, physician's office or medical clinic setting
- Clerical or administrative support background or experience working in a call center environment
- Experience working with Medicare and/or Medicaid Services
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $18.17 - $32.26. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $20.00 - $35.53. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #YELLOW