Clinical Administrative Coordinator - San Diego, CA
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
This position is full-time, Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 9:00am - 6:00pm OR 9:30am - 6:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 3131 Camino Del Rio North, Suite 700, San Diego, CA 92108.
- Data entry of authorization requests from Providers, including but not limited to: Treatment Authorizations Requests, Out of Network invoices, Retroactive Requests, Outpatient Authorization Requests, Day Service Requests, Therapeutic Behavioral Services, Intensive Home-Based Services, Therapeutic Foster Care Requests, Treatment Plans, Claims Assessments, Inpatient and Outpatient Pend Reports, and Interpreter Requests and Invoices, Notice of Adverse Benefit Determinations (NOABD), Outpatient and Inpatient ECT requests, 24-hour notifications, Psych Testing.
- Data entry of client information into several designated databases and County of San Diego’s Electronic Heath Record (EHR) System.
- Processing and tracking inpatient and outpatient authorization requests.
- Processing high volume inpatient and outpatient authorizations within established turnaround times and serving as back up for other Clinical Administrative Coordinator processes depending on staff availability.
- Distribute appropriate work products to licensed clinicians for clinal review.
- Add and/or update and validate demographic and diagnosis information in EHR.
- Scanning of documents for retention and filing documents.
- Purging documents.
- Facsimile and photocopy duties; other assistance to team members as needed with overall direction from team lead, supervisor, or managers.
- Efficiently respond to incoming calls and provide prompt and courteous service to customers and guests. External stakeholders include inpatient hospitals; Residential Substance Use Facilities; Crisis Residential Facilities; Providers; Billers; and County Stakeholders.
- Sort through incoming e-faxes, incoming mail for department and incoming faxes through scanner.
- E-filing of electronic inpatient and outpatient requests.
- File data and perform other routine administrative tasks as assigned for other sub teams as needed.
- Operate a variety of standard office machines, including PC and a variety of computer software, DYMO label, phone, fax, calculation, scanner, photocopy machine.
- Interpret and respond clearly and effectively to verbal requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain effective professional relationships with internal and external customers.
- Perform reception duties in an efficient, professional, and courteous manner as needed.
- Pursue Common Language of Leadership/developmental goals to enhance skills and performance.
- Cross train in Clinical Administrative Coordination/UM processes and provide support as needed.
- Update processes when changes occur and/or as needed.
- Perform front desk duties in an efficient, professional, and courteous manner as needed.
- Accurately direct Optum visitors and incoming calls to appropriate staff member or department within Optum; take messages as needed.
- Position requires access to electronic applications and documents which include Individually Identifiable Health Information and Personal Health Information.
- Other duties as assigned by Clinical Manager or Clinical Support Services Supervisor.
- Support other sub teams within Utilization Management as needed.
- Support the San Diego Access and Crisis Line as needed.
- Process in office paperwork products and mail received from providers.
- Other duties as assigned by Clinical Manager or Clinical Support Services Supervisor.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years office work and/or customer service experience or Experience in Healthcare industry
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- PC proficiency, preferably in a Windows environment
- Experience in multiple databases, computer programs, Microsoft Excel (create and edit spreadsheets) and Microsoft Teams (chat, calendar, meetings, file storage, data entry)
- Ability to obtain and maintain access to the County of San Diego’s electronic health records- Anasazi and WITS
- Ability to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 9:00am - 6:00pm OR 9:30am - 6:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience working within the health care Industry and with health care insurance
- Experience working in a hospital, physician's office or medical clinic setting
- A clerical or administrative support background
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT codes
- Experience working in a call center
- Ability to type, enter accurate data in to designated databases
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, and innovative thinker
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #RED