Clinical Administrative Coordinator
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work. The Clinical Administrative Coordinator supports the Care Management teams with administrative and non-clinical duties essential for the successful delivery of a high-quality care management program. The Clinical Administrative Coordinator works collaboratively with Care Managers, provider agencies, social service program, state Medicaid representatives, and other departments within UnitedHealthcare. This is high volume, customer service environment. You'll need to be efficient, productive, and thorough dealing with our members over the phone.
This is a telecommute position, however, you will be required to come periodically to offsite meetings. The Clinical Administration Coordinator must reside in North Carolina. This position operates remotely and will require limited travel.
Hours: Monday through Friday from 8:00AM-5:00PM
If you are located in North Carolina, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assigns and reassigns members to appropriate Care Manager under the direction of the Care Management Supervisor
- Monitors member list routinely to assure accurate assignment of all members
- Tracks Nursing Facility and Inpatient census data via the Blended Census Reporting Tool (BCRT)
- Communicates member Inpatient status to the assigned Care Manager
- Updates Member demographic and placement changes in CM system
- Assists with administrative/enrollment activities for special programs e.g. disease management, complex case management, behavioral health referrals
- Manages incoming communication calls/fax/email/tasking group- members/providers
- Assists with outgoing communication (calls/fax/email)
- Arrange member appointments w/ Care Manager
- Coordinate transportation for members
- Follow-up to ensure service utilization, meeting/not meeting needs
- Distribute service plans/plan of care, other communication to members/providers
- Review service utilization from Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) system, identify potential concerns and communicate with the Care Manager
- Assists with facilitating resolution for pharmacy issues
- Completes eligibility related activities- enrollment, disenrollment, tracking Nursing Facility census, etc.
- Posts member related documents to electronic filing system (shared drive/SharePoint)
- Documents all member related activities in Helios/Virtual Health
- Reminds members of need to complete Medicaid paper work to maintain eligibility
- Utilizes plan software to generate care management reports
- Performs other duties/projects as assigned
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher) OR 3+ years of equivalent experience working within the health care industry and with health care insurance
- 2+ years of experience working directly with community members, health care providers, and coordinating services related to physical healthcare, behavioral healthcare, pharmacy and/or social determinants of health
- 2+ years of experience working in electronic health systems
- Advanced level of proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook (ability to create, edit, sort, and send correspondences, spreadsheets, and presentations) and work multiple web applications
- Access to a designated quiet workspace in your home (separated from non-workspace areas) and is able to secure all company sensitive documents secure including Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Must reside in North Carolina
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time locally
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Social Services with 3+ years case management experience (preference includes Medicaid experience, physical, or behavioral health care coordination
- Previous experience as an administrative care manager/coordinator in a managed health care environment
- Experience working independently, managing multiple and often competing demands
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary clinical teams
- Experience with collecting and analyzing data and writing reports
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Strong knowledge of local and community-based social service organizations
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Able to take initiative and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Positive and can-do attitude
- Strong communication and written skills and excellent critical thinking skills
- Strong team player skills and ability
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.