Senior Clinical Administrative Coordinator
Let's face it, no industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to move health care forward than UnitedHealth Group. We're out to use data, technology and people in ways that help drive change and make the health care system work better for everyone. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive and positive. Take this opportunity to work with a Fortune 6 industry leader.
Like you, UnitedHealth Group is strong on innovation. And like you, we’ll go the distance to deliver high-quality care. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive, and positive for our members and providers. You’ll have the opportunity to do live outreach, educating members about program benefits and services while also helping to manage member cases. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you’ll have a chance to make an impact.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from the island of Oahu, Hawaii as you take on some tough challenges.
This is for a full-time (40 hours/week) Telecommute position. The schedule is Monday through Friday an 8 hour shift between the hours of 7:45 am to 4:30pm. The schedule will be determined by the supervisor. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
Senior Clinical Administrative Coordinator is responsible for the completion of set processes and protocols. Works cooperatively with all members of the care team to support the vision and mission of the organization, deliver excellent customer service. Supports the teams in meeting financial, clinical and service goals.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for other team members
- Manage the intake of members or the admission/discharge information post notification
- Work with hospitals, clinics, facilities and the clinical team to manage requests for services
- Manage the referral process, processing incoming and outgoing referrals and prior authorizations, including intake, notification and census roles
- Resolve inquiries from members and/or providers
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma /GED (or higher) or four plus years equivalent experience working within the health care Industry or with health care insurance
- Two plus years experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- One plus years of medical office experience
- Reside on the island of Oahu, Hawaii
- Advanced experience with MS Word, Excel (create, edit, save documents) and Outlook (email and calendar management) be able to use multiple web applications
- Access to a designated quiet workspace in your home (separated from non-workspace areas) with the ability to secure Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Live in a location that can receive an approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience working within the health care Industry and with health care insurance
- Experience working in a hospital, physician's office or medical clinic setting
- Prior work at home experience
- A clerical or administrative support background
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT codes
- Experience working in a call center
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.