Patient Outreach Coordinator - Ontario, CA
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Excited to grow your career? We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply. Our people make all the difference in our success.
Conducts outbound outreach campaigns to schedule enrolled Medicare Advantage patients for comprehensive assessments in an effort to achieve measurable results for overall business and superior medical outcome objectives.
- Conducts outbound outreach campaigns to schedule enrolled Medicare Advantage patients for comprehensive assessments
- Supports the execution of regional and site-based outreach programs targeted to Medicare Advantage patients
- Schedules appointments in the company’s practice management application and updates relevant demographic and contact information to ensure accuracy
- Plans, coordinates and participates in telephone and mail campaigns, health fairs, site-based events, and other activities/events
- Collaborates with Regional and Central Teams to identify and develop new programs to improve patients’ engagement in their wellness
- Maintains good collaborative working relationships with Contracted Providers and staff, community centers, and vendors
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school/GED
- Customer service experience
- Multi-line telephone experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years of post-high school education or a degree from a two-year college
- Healthcare industry experience in a provider or payor setting
- Experience with senior and multi-cultural populations
- Spanish bilingual
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Computer literate including familiarity with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel)
- Ability to work in rotating shifts
- Service-oriented and culturally sensitive
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate active listening skills
- Excellent telephone skills and telephone etiquette
- Organizational and problem-solving skills
- Organized, detail-oriented and task-oriented
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible
- Self-motivated and team player
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.