Sales Support Coordinator - Rancho Cordova, CA
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am - 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime and weekends. Our office is located at 3215 Prospect Park, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670.
- Partner with the Sales Manager to provide reporting and analysis of sales data and production reports
- Works with team to solve problems
- Creating, analyzing and updating Excel spreadsheets
- Build and sustain positive relationships with external partners and the Sales team through direct and indirect communication
- Understanding of how tools/applications work together-where data is coming from, how the information connects to the overall sales process
- Quickly and accurately perform data entry; keep logs, records, and files up-to-date and readily accessible
- Support the Sales team by assuring all training is up-to-date
- Communicate information in a clear, well-organized, and professional manner
- Scheduling meetings, keeping inventory of sales materials, ordering supplies
- Reconciling expense reports, manage budget for overall team
- Route and follow up on escalations for internal and external partners
- Coordinating events
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience working with reports and analyzing data
- Project management experience
- 1+ years of administrative experience
- Experience in Microsoft Word (creating, editing, saving, formatting), Microsoft PowerPoint (create, edit, and format presentations), Microsoft Excel (create/edit spreadsheets, read and analyze data), and Microsoft Outlook (compose and respond to email)
- Ability to work an 8-hour shift during our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher)
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Experience using SalesForce
- Ability to learn internal technology tools/systems
- Attention to detail skills
- Works well independently as well as a team setting
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to navigate a complex organization to accomplish customer satisfaction
- Strong team player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to be a self-starter
- Demonstrate ability to be collaborative with sales team and internal and external partners
- Ability to prioritize and complete assigned tasks with limited direction and supervision
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near - obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, Military families and Veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.