Senior Clinical Administrative Coordinator - Remote in Mountain Time Zone
$1,000 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
If you are located within Mountain Time Zone, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
This team provides Care Navigation for Medicare/Medicaid patients. Care is coordinator for members in 4 different risks levels:
*Stable – follow up with member in 90 days.
*Emerging, Rising and Highest – Clinician goes out to them for medical care.
This position is full-time (40hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 9:00a.m. – 5:30p.m. MST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Take inbound and outbound calls from members for complex medical issues
- Connect consumers to a Clinical Professional
- Must have accurate documentation
- Must meet weekly metrics
- Make outbound calls to members on the Care Navigation panel.
- Assist members with scheduling appointments for the clinical specialties and preventative screenings.
- Schedule for Optum clinics depending on their medical severity level
- Other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of taking 40+ calls in a high-volume call center environment
- Experience working with key performance indicators (average handle time, call volume, etc)
- 1+ years of experience in health insurance or medical billing
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications (Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Ability to work from 9:00am - 5:30pm MST, Monday - Friday including the flexibility to work occasional overtime and weekends
- 1+ years of experience working with ICD - 9 / 10 and CPT codes
- Experience working in a High Volume Call center.
- Professional experience in a clerical or administrative support related role
- Experience working with Microsoft Word (creating, editing, saving documents) and Microsoft Excel (creating, editing, saving spreadsheets)
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Reside within Mountain time zone
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high - speed internet connection or leverage an existing high - speed internet service
- Must be able and comfortable with maintaining metrics and goals within the department
- Must be comfortable working on the phone and multiple systems on the computer simultaneously while assisting members
- Must be comfortable making outreach to members without prior engagement
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Telephone etiquette
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $18.17 - $32.26.Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #YELLOW