Associate Clinical Administrative Coordinator - National Remote
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Like you, UnitedHealth Group is strong on innovation. And like you, we’ll go the distance to deliver high-quality care. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive and positive for our members and providers. You’ll have the opportunity to do live outreach, educating members about program benefits and services while also helping to manage member cases. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you’ll have a chance to make an impact.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday to Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 11:30am – 08:00pm CST.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Manage the intake of members or the admission/discharge information post notification
- Work with hospitals, clinics, facilities and the clinical team to manage requests for services from members and/or providers
- Manage the referral process, processing incoming and outgoing referrals and prior authorizations, including intake, notification and census roles
- Provide appropriate triage and care coordination notification cases for non-clinical assessment/intervention
- Handle resolution/inquiries from members and/or providers
This is high volume, customer service environment. You’ll need to be efficient, productive and thorough dealing with our members over the phone. You also must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes evening hours.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel (ability to create, edit, save and send documents and spreadsheets)
- Ability to work during our business hours of 11:30am – 08:00pm CST
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Experience working within the health care Industry and with health care insurance
- A clerical or administrative support background
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT codes
- Experience working with Medicare and/or Medicaid Services
- Call center experience
- Experience working in a metric-driven work environment
- Must be able to type and talk at the same time and navigate through multiple screens
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $16.00 - $23.51. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $16.00 - $25.77. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.