Staff Scheduling Coordinator
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Staff Scheduling Coordinator provides carefully planned coverage to Nursing, Registration and Phlebotomy. Schedule coordination would include vacations, leave of absences, sick calls, bereavement and jury duty. Contacts floats and available nursing staff with daily assignments, and coordinates staffing for manatory in-services and outside health fairs/flu clinics. Monitors PTO availability for requests, and records all unscheduled absences. Performs PPO authorizations.
- Receives, organizes and implements coverage for all scheduled and unscheduled absences within the organization to include Nursing, Registration and Phlebotomy staff. Schedule coordination would include vacations, leaves of absences, sick calls, bereavement and jury duty
- Keeps call floats and resource pool staff informed of daily assignments
- Communicates daily staffing changes to Nurse Managers, Site Administrators and Managers and appropriate departments
- Coordinates staffing for mandatory in-services and outside health fairs/flu clinics
- Monitors PTO availability for requests
- Records scheduled for all approved time off for staff and physicians in the scheduling book
- May also be assigned special projects or other assignments and work task that are generally within the scope and level of the position, and relative to the need for flexible company operations
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid CA drivers license required and insurability under the company’s insurance carrier standards as applicable to job requirements
- General office work preferable in a medical setting
- Staffing experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilitites:
- Good working knowledge and intermediate/advanced use of MS Word/Excel
- Typing skills at a minimum of 35 wpm accurately
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in an efficient, thorough, and prioritized manner, ability to work quickly, accurately, and independently, and anticipate needs and solves problems. Maintain a high degree of confidentiality over all the matters in the course of business operations including patient and employee information
- Ability to successfully uphold the established customer service standards and company mission statement
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.