Transition Coordinator - Reliant Medical Group
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group. When you join Reliant, you’ll be part of a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led medical group. Everyone works collaboratively on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. With the resources of a global health organization - Optum - behind us, we’re at the forefront of value-based care. Supported by a patient-centric business model - integrated care teams focus on the best patient care, rather than volume. Here, you’ll contribute to an exceptional patient experience. Discover a place where you can help shape the future of health care and do your life’s best work.(sm)
Reliant Medical Group is seeking a compassionate, enthusiastic, and professional Medical Assistant (MA) or License Practical Nurse (LPN) Transition Coordinator to join their Care Management team.
- Location: 100 Front St., Worcester, 01608
- Department: Care Management
- Schedule: Full-time; Monday – Friday 8:00am-4:30pm or 8:30am-5:00pm
- Performs a variety of activities that support the clinical, business, and program-related work of the clinical staff in the Care Management Department
- Collaborates with clinical and non-clinical staff across multiple sites within the organization to ensure timely contact of patients discharged from hospital and skilled nursing facilities to assess needs of patients and/or family and documents contact in the appropriate database
- Consistently exercise sound decision-making skills while demonstrating the ability to multi-task, prioritize daily workload and seek assistance when necessary
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma
- Graduate of an Accredited Medical Assistant Program with a certificate and completed an externship and 3+ years of relevant experience OR Graduate of an accredited program for Licensed Practical Nurses and currently licensed as a LPN in the State of Massachusetts
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven experience in telephone contact with patients within an ambulatory practice setting
- Electronic Medical Record experience
- Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets with ability to sort data
- Proficient in various software applications such as Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Basic clinical skills and demonstrated excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.