Early Careers Business Operations Coordinator - Advisory Board Research - Washington, D.C. or Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This role is for Optum/United Health Group’s research arm, Advisory Board.
Advisory Board is a best practice research firm that was acquired by Optum in 2017. For over 40 years, Advisory Board research has been the healthcare industry’s guiding light, bringing our provider and service provider members closer to best practice performance. We help leaders and future leaders in the healthcare industry work smarter and faster by providing provocative insights, actionable strategies, and practical tools to support execution. Learn more about Advisory Board.
We are seeking a full-time Business Operations Coordinator to provide support to the Advisory Board Research department. As an Advisory Board team member, the Coordinator manages an array of business functions critical to the success of the department and provides administrative support to our senior-most leaders. The Coordinator will gain experience and expertise within the company by serving as an important role both internally and externally as a liaison, information resource, and key point of contact.
You’ll have the opportunity to work in Washington, D.C. or enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
The Business Operations Coordinator assists with two main functions of the organization: executive support and business strategy support.
- Manage and maintain calendars for multiple department executives
- Schedule and coordinate internal and external meetings and calls, including: preparing invites, agendas, and electronic and/or hard copy materials
- Coordinate/book travel (as needed) and manage executives’ expenses
- Assist in arranging special team and department events, functions, and meetings
- Provide other administrative, operational, and project support to senior leadership as needed
Business Strategy Support
- Support various business strategy initiatives by taking meeting notes, tracking project progress, keeping key stakeholders informed on deadlines, and other administrative tasks
- Help draft department communications and newsletters
- Maintain and organize documents and archives relevant to business strategy initiatives
- Handle in-the-moment problems, triage follow up requests, propose and implement process improvements
Coordinators may lean in on other internal projects or external initiatives as dictated by business need and available capacity. Past examples include hiring/recruitment support, department training and development efforts, and participation in DEI and talent experience initiatives.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Currently in final year of obtaining a Bachelor’s degree (or obtained degree no longer than 24 months prior to position start date, from an accredited college/university). Bachelor’s Degree must be obtained prior to start of employment
- Administrative work/intern experience in an office environment
- Must possess at least two of the following:
- Customer service experience
- Experience working in a team environment
- Experience working in an office
- Experience supporting senior business or department leaders
- Experience using Microsoft platforms (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Ability to work independently with little manager oversight
- Ability to communicate effectively in-person, by e-mail, and by phone with senior executives
- Ability to problem solve and independently come up with creative solutions
- Has a keen attention to detail
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities
- Experience developing personal organization tactics to meet business goals
- Discretion with sensitive material and communications
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The hourly range for California/Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada/New York/Rhode Island/Washington residents is $22.45 to $43.89. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.