EAP Senior Coordinator
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
The EAP Senior Coordinator is a remote nationwide job opportunity that is part of the EAP call center. He/she will assist members with non-clinical needs and determine the needs of the member. Once the needs have been identified, they will research and call out to the resources to ensure services are available. Then they provide verified information to the member.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8-hour day shift, between the hours of 8am – 7pm Central Standard Time.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Consults with members to identify and analyze needs in order to provide appropriate recommendations and support including warm transfers to other internal services, educational articles and referrals to community, state and federal services and resources.
- Providing telephonic assistance to employees who are dealing with a variety of issues, including workplace stress, family issues and mental health needs
- Determining member eligibility and benefit coverage as appropriate
- Researching and contacting community resource providers
- Updating and making notes in the non-clinical provider database
- Must have the ability to handle a high volume of work and keep up with a fast paced and changing environment
- Create and edit high quality referral documents
- Provide referrals to members in real-time by phone, text, and email
- Perform other duties as assigned
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Public Health, Mental Health, Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Education, Geriatric Services, Social Services, Family Life, Counseling, or related field OR 15+ years of experience working in the Mental Health, Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Social Services field as a therapist or social worker
- 2+ years of experience in social services, research, education or related field (i.e. child/parenting, adult/elder, mental health, housing education and facility based programs)
- 1+ year of customer service experience
- Intermediate level of computer proficiency (Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Word, One Note and Excel)
- Advanced level of proficiency with telephonic assessment skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Previous EAP experience
- 5+ years of work experience
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and keep up with a fast paced and changing environment
- Intermediate experience in writing, editing and customer facing communication
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Washington or Rhode Island Residents Only: The hourly range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Washington or New York City residents is $18.80 to $36.78. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.