Clinical Administrative Coordinator - Remote in Colorado
$1000 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
If you are located within Colorado OR surrounding states, including Texas, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
This team provides Care Navigation for Medicare / Medicaid patients. Care is coordinator for members in 4 different risks levels:
- Stable – follow up with member in 90 days
- Emerging, Rising and Highest – Clinician goes out to them for medical care
This position is full - time (40 hours / week), Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 89:00 AM - 5:30 PM MST (Mountain Standard Time zone).
We offer 2 - 4 weeks of training. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Take inbound and outbound calls from members for complex medical issues
- Connect consumers to a Clinical Professional
- Must have accurate documentation
- Must meet weekly metrics
- Make outbound calls to members on the Care Navigation panel
- Assist members with scheduling appointments for the clinical specialties and preventative screenings
- Schedule for Optum clinics depending on their medical severity level
- Other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience with taking 40+ calls in a high - volume call center environment
- 1+ years of experience in health insurance OR medical billing
- Experience in working with key performance indicators (average handle time, call volume, etc.)
- Familiarity with computer and Windows personal applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to work any shift between the hours of 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM MST (Mountain Standard Time zone) from Monday - Friday
- 1+ years of experience in working with ICD - 9 / 10 and CPT codes
- Experience with working in a high - volume call center
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Professional experience in a clerical OR administrative support related role
- Reside within Colorado OR surrounding states, including Texas
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Must be able and comfortable with maintaining metrics and goals within the department
- Must be comfortable working on the phone and multiple systems on the computer simultaneously while assisting members
- Must be comfortable making outreach to members without prior engagement
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Telephone etiquette
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $18.80 - $36.78. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.