Provider Services Coordinator
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Provider Services Coordinator will provide support of all credentialing / re-credentialing activities for onboarding and existing physicians and advanced practice providers within the Regional Practices of Penn Medicine Medical Group. This role serves as an expert in the area of provider onboarding, and the primary liaison between the new hire, the Office of Medical Affairs, and the entity stakeholders, ensuring that all required activities are completed to clear the new hire for a timely and optimal start into the organization. Additionally, the Provider Services Coordinator will provide administrative support to the physician recruitment team, scheduling complex interview itineraries, facilitating candidate reference checks, and processing candidate travel reimbursements. The Coordinator will also oversee and execute the internal Contract Approval process once a new recruit signs their employment agreement, insuring that all signatures are obtained and the contract is entered into the PennTract system. The Coordinator will have a basic understanding of the Human Resources Shared Services available to physicians and be able to answer basic benefit questions for physician employees when asked.
Provider on/off-boarding: Processes onboarding activities for new physician and advanced practice hires for the Entity.
• Serves as the primary liaison between the provider new hire and the entity, hiring department/practice, Office of Medical Affairs (OMA), Physician Services Department, and Corporate teams, in collaboration with the Provider Services Specialist. Ensures open, timely, and professional communication with all necessary parties related to onboarding efforts.
• Enters OMA requests for Credentialing and enrollment. Gathers all key information from stakeholders and troubleshoots issues as they arise. • Reviews each provider at least weekly to make sure that they’re on track for their intended start date. Attends regular onboarding meetings and appropriately escalates barriers/delays to the Physician Services team.
• Ensures malpractice coverage for new hires is set up timely; manages annual malpractice audits. • Ensures provider is off-boarded effectively and efficiently by monitoring required activities for completion. • Enters licensure information for new Advanced Practice Providers into the Lawson system.
• Leads the reference checking process for physician recruits, maintaining the reference tracking sheet. Escalates barriers/delays or negative references to the Physician Services team.
• Leads the coordination of complex interview itineraries when a candidate must meet with multiple key stakeholders during their interview process. Communicates with the candidate directly to keep them informed of any delays with scheduling. Processes expense reimbursements for candidate interviews.
• Assists with ad placement and processing invoices for the advertising firm partner.
• Assists with special candidate sourcing projects
• Oversees and executes the Physician Contract Approval process ("CAF form") once a new recruit signs their employment agreement
Special Projects: Participates in and, at times, leads special projects; for example – data collection and compilation.
Human Resources: Has a basic working knowledge of the Penn Medicine Human Resources Shared Services. Able to answer basic physician benefits questions, directing them to the Corporate Shared Service as appropriate.
• Processes physician dependent tuition reimbursements
• Processes monthly invoices, including physician STD/LTD premiums
Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.