Advocacy Program Coordinator
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Manages positive patient experience through pre-encounter and on-site communications, information gathering, and fiscal assurance activities. Provides on-going support for patients/families, site personnel and UPHS Medical center processes. Serve as the primary source for coordinating financial counseling efforts relative to specialty program activities. Act as the lead initial contact for patients and visitors for the health system.
- Assist in the development of short and long term plans for programs related to advocacy - monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
- Design performance objectives and implement and monitor programming to meet desired outcomes for the Financial Advocacy and Financial Counseling Programs
- Manage the Co-Pay Assistance program, track progress and communicate results. Work with the business office to ensure accurate and timely posting of detail.
- Organize and establish meetings on regular basis with designated individuals to foster positive relationships with program leads (Penn Global Medicine, Lancaster General, and new business as necessary).
- Assist with the development of public relations and communications strategies to support program goals and increase community awareness.
- Act as LGH Liaison. As a result of the Penn Medicine relationship with Lancaster General, this position will assume full responsibility as the point of contact for the processing and tracking of LGH referrals. This important highly visible relationship is not managed through her guidance as physicians from LGH direct patients to the downtown facilities for services
- Act as PGM Liaison. PGM works with some of the most difficult cases from around the world and this position will act as the liaison for this special subset of patients. Assisting international patients with all of their financial needs before the stay and works with PGM to ensure all estimates are in place and fiduciary responsibilities are fulfilled will be an additional responsibility.
- Assist the Manager of Financial Counseling with the daily operations of the Financial Counseling and Patient Financial Advocacy divisions within the HUP/CPUP Revenue Cycle Department; acts as lead in absence of the Manager
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 3+ years Hospital or Practice Revenue Cycle Setting AAHAM Revenue Cycle Certification preferred
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.