Senior Clinical Administrative Coordinator - Richardson, TX
If you are located within commutable distance to Richardson, TX, you will have the flexibility to work from home and the office in this hybrid role* as you take on some tough challenges.
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This position is full - time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 9:00am - 8:00pm CST (including evening hours). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Make calls to qualified members to provide information and answer questions about health plan programs.
- Provide “best-in-class” customer service to enrollees
- Meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards while maintaining good attendance.
- Identify, qualify, and engage members into the most appropriate health and wellness programs to meet their needs.
- Effectively engage members that either qualify for our programs or are interested in learning more about what is offered.
- Accurate documentation of consumer interaction
- Appropriately follow all processes and procedures.
- Maintain engagement with all the customer requests to ensure high quality of customer service
Part of the challenge here is dealing positively with members and providers in sometimes challenging circumstances. As a subject matter expert, you’ll also be the “go-to” resource for information. The flexibility to work evening hours will also be required.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 6+ months experience in an office setting or administrative role
- 1+ years of experience in a high-volume call center
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel (creating, editing, saving) as well as Microsoft Outlook (customizing, navigating)
- Ability to work onsite 2-3 days per week at Richardson, TX office location
- Ability to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 9:00am - 8:00pm CST, Monday - Friday (at least 50% of shifts will be evening)
- Sales experience
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish
- Healthcare or insurance benefits
- Experience in a hospital, physician’s office or medical clinic setting
- Clerical or administrative support background and/or working in a call center environment
- Reside within commutable distance to Richardson, TX
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Must be able to connect directly into internet - via hard wire (either directly to modem or router)
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.