Bilingual (English / Spanish) Clinical Administrative Coordinator - Miramar, FL
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data, and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits, and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Let’s face it, no industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to move health care forward than UnitedHealth Group. We're out to use data, technology and people in ways that help drive change and make the health care system work better for everyone. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive and positive. Take this opportunity to work with a Fortune 5 industry leader.
Cuando se trata de salir adelante y tienes la voluntad de ganar, vamos a llamarlo gran potencial de carrera! Imagine being able to get answers to your health plan questions from someone who speaks the same language as you do. Or, the opposite, not being able to get the answers. At UnitedHealth Group, we want our customers to get those answers by speaking to one of our Bilingual Representatives. If you're fluent in English and Spanish, we can show you how to put all of your skills, your passions and your energy to work in a fast - growing environment.
Part of the challenge here is dealing positively with members and providers in sometimes challenging circumstances. As a subject matter expert, you’ll also be the “go - to” resource for information. The flexibility to work evening hours will also be required.
This position is full - time (40 hours / week), Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work full-time, any shift between the hours of 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM (EST) from Monday – Friday. Our office is located at 9984 Premier Pkwy, Miramar, FL, 33025.
We offer at least 3 weeks and up to 3 months of training on the job until they are on their own, depending on the learning curve.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for other team members
- Manage the intake of members or the admission / discharge information post notification
- Work with hospitals, clinics, facilities and the clinical team to manage requests for services
- Manage the referral process, processing incoming and outgoing referrals and prior authorizations, including intake, notification and census roles
- Resolve inquiries from members and / or providers
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience with onboarding patient in a medical setting
- Experience with verifying health insurance and benefits
- Experience with utilizing Microsoft Word (ability to create, edit, save, and send documents) and Microsoft Excel (ability to create, edit, save, and send and spreadsheets)
- Reside within a 25-miles commutable distance of 9984 Premier Pkwy, Miramar, FL, 33025
- Ability to work on call as required after hours and on weekends on a rotating basis
- Ability to work full-time, any shift between the hours of 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM (EST) from Monday – Friday
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
- ICD - 10 and CPT codes knowledge
- Experience in working with health care insurance
- Experience in a hospital, physician's office, or medical clinic setting
- A clerical OR administrative support background OR experience with working in a call center environment
- Experience in working with Medicare and / Or Medicaid Services
Your confidence, decisiveness and perseverance will help you positively impact our patient lives. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.