Enterprise Data Warehouse PM/Project Coordinator - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Communicate and work with other project managers, project team, customer, and the EDW MDM team to coordinate all aspects of the project
- Serve as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues
- Review work performed by others and provide recommendations for improvement
- Forecast and plan resource requirements
- Authorize deviations from standards
- May lead functional or segment teams or projects
- Provide explanations and information to others on complex issues
- Lead, motivate, and inspire other team members
- Manage customer relationships and anticipate customer needs to proactively develop solutions
- Develop and negotiate win/win solutions to project issues
- Support growth to the project/program
- Work with end users/customers to understand and develop requirement
- Organize and lead project related meetings with customers, development staff, and sponsor level staff
- Develop/maintain formal Project Schedule
- Project Status Reporting and Project Quality Management
- Project Resource/Staffing Management
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with programmers, analysts, immediate supervisor, management, system users, operations, other State agencies and the private sector
- Meet with users for clarification and elaboration as necessary to clearly define a problem and conceptualize a development plan
- Recognize, gather, correlate, and analyze facts, draw conclusions, define problems, and devise solutions and alternatives; and make appropriate recommendations
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with managing complex application technical development projects delivery or operations
- 5+ years of experience managing technical projects teams with 10 or more resources
- 5+ years of experience managing customer relationships
- Experience working with Master Data Management (MDM), especially Informatica MDM or equivalent
- Proven excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Master degree
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certified
- Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP) certification
- Experience with Medicaid or Healthcare
- Data Warehousing experience
- Formal personnel management experience of both direct reports and matrixed resources
- Experience managing a contract for a program valued at $5 million in revenue or greater
- Teradata experience
- Informatica experience
- Business Objects experience
- SAS experience
- Tableau / PowerBI experience
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Experience with Project and Contract level Change Management
- Experience with Project and Contract Issue Management
- Experience with project development methodology and project management methodology and able to apply methodology in a practical manner
- State Medicaid Data Warehouse or Medicaid Management Information Systems
- Proven solid understanding of Medicaid Program including Program management, Program Integrity and Federal Reporting (i.e., CMS 64)
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.