Resource Nursing Coordinator PHIT
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- This Resource Nursing Coordinator position will be partially in the field and partially in the office The Resource Nursing Coordinator Colleague is an RN that practices as a full partner on the health care team and consistently demonstrates safe practice within the organizational professional practice model. The Resource Nursing Coordinator Colleague possesses the knowledge, skills and the attitude to effectively meet standards for competent professional nursing practice as specified in the Resource Nursing Coordinator position description addendum.The Resource Nursing Coordinator Colleague exhibits UPHS organizational behavioral competencies which reflect its mission and are embedded in the professional practice competency domains. The Resource Nursing Coordinator Colleague independently provides patient care through the application of the nursing process and accepts accountability for the nursing care of assigned patients. Assigned patients may range in age from infancy to the elderly.The Resource Nursing Coordinator Colleague demonstrates within the competency domains of Continuous Quality Improvement, Evidence Based Practice and Research, Leadership, Person and Family Centered Care, Professionalism, Safety, Technology/Informatics, and Teamwork (Definitions listed below). The Resource Nursing Coordinator Colleague works closely with the interprofessional health care team to facilitate the coordination of care across the continuum. The nurse focuses on expanding the knowledge and skills necessary to provide individualized care based on physical, psychosocial, cultural, educational, safety, and age appropriate considerations of assigned patients. The Resource Nursing Coordinator Colleague seeks feedback in assuming leadership roles and provides feedback for improved clinical practice. The nurse demonstrates how nursing practice impacts the organizational vision, mission, and goals and the care delivery system. The nurse complies with all regulations and standards of regulatory and accrediting bodies.
- Prfessinal Practice Cmpetency Dmains DefinitinsCntinuus Quality Imprvement (CQI): The nurse utilizes data and QI methds t identify ptential and actual prblems and pprtunities t prvide care that is safe, timely, efficient, effective, and equitable.Evidence Based Practice and Research: The nurse evaluates and integrates best current evidence with clinical expertise and patient and family preferences and values fr the delivery f ptimal health care and system effectiveness.Leadership: The nurse effectively cllabrates and applies innvative, systems thinking t engage in systematic, evidence-based prblem slving and decisin making t prmte effective changes within a cmplex care delivery system supprting the visin f Penn Medicine.Persn and Family Centered Care: The nurse recgnizes the patient (r the patient’s designee) as the surce f cntrl and a full partner in prviding cmpassinate and crdinated care based n respect fr the patient’s preferences, values, and needs.Prfessinalism: The nurse demnstrates a cmmitment t the nursing prfessin thrugh lifelng learning, adherence t ANA’s Cde f Ethics fr Nurses, participatin in a prfessinal rganizatin and advancing cmmunity utreach.Safety: The nurse minimizes risk f harm t patients, families, prviders and self thrugh system effectiveness and individual perfrmance.Technlgy/Infrmatics: The nurse utilizes apprpriate infrmatin and technlgy t cmmunicate, manage knwledge, mitigate errr, and supprt decisin making acrss the cntinuum.Teamwrk: The nurse effectively engages in the prcess f cperatin, crdinatin, and cllabratin in an effrt t prvide fr safe, quality utcmes fr patients within inter and intra-prfessinal teams, including virtual teams.
- Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
- PA, NJ, and DE RN licensure depending on geographic location and scope of responsibilities
- Driver's License (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Car Insurance (Required)
- and have a car
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- BSN from an accredited school of nursing More than 15 months relevant professional nursing experience and completion of the Nurse Residency Program, if applicable Infusion experience preferred Certification in a National Nursing Specialty, appropriate to practice needs or patient population preferred
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.