Senior Service Coordinator, IS- Clinical Engineer HUP
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Senior Service Coordinator
IS- Clinical Engineer HUP
3400 Civic Center Blvd.
- The Clinical Engineering Service Coordinator provides the administrative support functions for the Clinical Engineering Department. The Service Coordinator is responsible for entering and dispatching new work orders, assigning resources or vendors, following up on work orders and provides customers with updates on work orders. Assists with the overall management of biomedical equipment.
- Evaluates and Identifies issues while seeking customer input.
- Evaluates, reviews and prioritizes tickets based on criticality.
- Determines and assigns tickets and work throughout the department.
- Manages workflow of tickets.
- Updates the TMS system.
- Runs reports from TMS and creates dashboards on specified categories.
- Analyzes where tickets are occurring and performs root-cause/trend analysis.
- Mentors Coordinators at other entities.
- Communicates with end users and prepares reports and status updates on disposition of equipment.
- Updates management on performance issues when tickets aren’t updated.
- Manages and monitors queues daily.
- Assigns, monitors and tracks service desk and team break fix and service request tickets and coordinates teams’ assignments via a variety of tools.
- Enters tickets directly into tracking tool as warranted.
- Researches missing information and updates ticket with same.
- Reviews incoming tickets for appropriate routing based on team, remote desktop, and/or technician visit.
- Schedules technician site visit according to established procedure or management direction.
- Answers customer questions as it relates to ticket status and scheduling.
- Follows-up with customers to ascertain satisfaction with services.
- Collects data and prepares reports on call volumes and other key metrics as assigned (i.e., daily, weekly, monthly, or ad hoc).
- Updates tickets and assignments according to established procedures.
- Performs administrative tasks for assigned team(s), including parts ordering, ticket creation, and other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Provides coverage for other queues as assigned.
- Participates in projects as assigned.
- Orders equipment under the guidance of the Clinical Engineering Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- High school diploma or GED (Required).
- Bachelor’s degree (Preferred).
- 3+ years of experience in a related field (Required).
- Experience utilizing scheduling products and/or MS Outlook calendars (Required).
- Experience utilizing help desk/workflow tools (Preferred).
- Experience in queue and workflow management (Preferred).
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of Health System personnel to include: IT management and technical staff, consulting staff, clinicians, clinical administrators, unit clerks, etc.
- Knowledge of healthcare operations and the use of information system applications in the practicing healthcare environment preferred.
- Must be able to function as part of a team providing a high level of quality service to clients.
- Must be flexible and able to multitask.
- Ability to travel to and work at different Penn Medicine locations, and flexible working hours.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.