Patient Access Coordinator, Call Center - ProHealth Physicians - Farmington, CT
If you are located within a commutable distance of Farmington, CT, you will have the flexibility to work from home and the office in this hybrid role* as you take on some tough challenges.
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
ProHealth Physicians, part of OptumCare. If you want to get way ahead in your career, it makes sense to be with an organization that's way ahead of the curve. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to become Connecticut’s leading primary care physician organization. With over 90 locations throughout the state of Connecticut, our family of primary care doctors and specialists care for more than 360,000 people statewide. In fact, ProHealth serves every county and provides roughly ten percent of the primary care delivered to patients in the state. We're leaders in thinking and in serving our communities. For instance, we're a C.M.S. approved Accountable Care Organization (ACO), covering over 30,000 Medicare patients associated with our community - based primary care providers. We're also nationally recognized as a NCQA Level III Medical Home. That kind of progressive leadership makes us perfect fit for OptumCare and UnitedHealth Group's expanding family of providers.
This position is full - time, Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work any shift between the Call Center hours of 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM (multiple shift times available) including the flexibility work occasional overtime and weekends based on business need.
Our office is located at 3 FARM GLEN BLVD., FARMINGTON, CT, 06032. Employees will be required to work 3 days onsite and 2 days from home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Respond to inbound inquiries and appointment scheduling requests for medical services
- Schedule appointments in practice management system in accordance with triage guideline, scheduling protocols and patient preferences
- Make outbound calls to eligible patients
- Recommend next best actions or cross promotional opportunities to patients and provide education on appropriate additional services or preventive health opportunities
- Listen to patient concerns and offer appropriate recommendations based on guidelines
- Call patients who are at - risk for not showing up with appointment reminders
- Document all caller information in customer relations management (CRM) tool
- Document and provide feedback from callers to the appropriate parties for follow - up and / or resolution
- Communicate with physician office staff on patient concerns, requests and scheduling changes
- Ensure that all actions comply with relevant guidelines protecting personal and health information (e.g., HIPAA requirements)
- Follow departmental policies & procedures, workflow guidelines and escalation processes at all times
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.9
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Computer proficiency: keyboarding skills and / OR experience with scheduling and / OR electronic medical records systems
- Ability to work any shift between the Call Center hours of 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM (multiple shift times available) including the flexibility work occasional overtime and weekends based on business need
- Some college (or higher)
- 2+ years of customer service experience; experience in a call center environment
- Experience in the healthcare industry or medical office
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite with emphasis on Excel, Word and Outlook
- Familiarity with medical terminology and medical insurance requirements
- Reside within a commutable distance of Farmington, CT
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
Connecticut Residents Only: The salary range for Connecticut residents is $16.00 - $31.44. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.