Wellness Coordinator-Remote Hybrid
Opportunities with Optum in the Tri-State region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group). Come make a difference in the lives of people who turn to us for care at one of our hundreds of locations across New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Work with state-of-the-art technology and brilliant co-workers who share your passion for helping people feel their best. Join a dynamic health care organization and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Quality Engagement Assistant is responsible for outreaching to and engaging with patients that are due for key preventive health screenings. Reporting to the Quality Supervisor, the Quality Engagement Assistant supports payor quality programs by scheduling appointments for and providing clear information to patients with gaps in care. The Quality Engagement Assistant also updates patient charts, and supports the review, abstraction, and submission of quality measure information to improve quality performance. As an integral part of the Quality Team, the Quality Assistant has a commitment to continual learning.
- Works under the direction of the Quality Supervisor and provides outreach to and engagement with patients who are due or coming due for key preventive health screenings
- Provides excellent customer service while facilitating patient appointments and providing clear information to patients
- Supports quality submissions for payor quality programs including those administered by The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Medicare Advantage (MA) and commercial payors
- Supports activities including chart review, abstraction, and submission
- Supports the annual NGACO Web Interface quality submission, MIPS attestations, and other efforts to submit supplemental quality data to payors continuously throughout the year
- Participates in data validation for EHR reports as required
- Attends and participates in quality team meetings
- Fosters innovative problem solving and upholds principles of continuous quality improvement
- Assists in the resolution of issues and elimination of roadblocks to ensure timely completion of tasks
- Performs other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School degree
- Demonstrated solid organizational skills and an ability to maintain accurate notes and records
- Demonstrated solid interpersonal skills and an understanding and commitment to delivery of patient-centered medical care with a team-based approach
- Proven ability to work independently, exercise creativity, and is detail-oriented
- Proven ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities
- 3+ years of experience in clinical or community health settings
- Experience working with patients and appointment scheduling in electronic health records
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Power Point
New York Residents Only: The hourly range for New York residents is $16.00 to $31.44. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.