Proposal Coordinator and Design Consultant - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
What would excite you if you were a candidate being highly recruited by our competition?
- As a member of the Growth Proposal Services (GPS) Proposal Coordination and Design team, the PCD plays an integral role in helping Optum win and retain business by developing high-quality, strategic and compelling proposals. You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in a fast-paced challenging proposal environment
- Part of the Growth Proposal Services (GPS), Proposal Coordination and Design team, the PCD supports RFP/RFI responses for the Payer, Provider, Employer and Government markets. The PCD is part of a larger team of approximately 80 staff and works closely with proposal managers and others involved in the proposal process
- We embrace a range of people and perspectives so that our individual and collective contributions are magnified. Our commitment to DEI enables us to create, retain and engage a more diverse workforce and drive a more inclusive workplace to fuel the achievements/success of our team
The Proposal Coordinator & Design Consultant (PCD) manages the day-to-day RFP/RFI document coordination and design activities through proposal delivery in a highly collaborative, fast-paced deadline-oriented environment.
The PCD supports RFP/RFI responses for the Payer, Provider, Employer and Government markets, ensuring submissions are on time and in compliance with RFP/RFI requirements, as well as internal quality and brand standards. The PCD is equally responsible for the visual layout (including text, graphics, call out boxes, tables and other elements), of the entire submission, ensuring delivery of an aesthetically appealing, high-quality proposal.
The PCD works closely with the Proposal Manager as part of the proposal collaboration team to maximize adherence to RFP requirements, complex production instructions and schedules, as well as implementation of prescribed departmental procedures including mission-critical bid reviews and must-meet proposal delivery targets.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Proposal Coordination
- Conducts in-depth analysis of RFP/RFI, associated documents and solicitation requirements provided by the client or prospect to analyze, understand, and capture specific operational, administrative, and proposal requirements
- Creates proposal template/annotated draft and outlines proposal sections based on the RFP/RFI requirements
- Creates proposal project in the response management platform, RFPIO
- Works closely with Proposal Managers on setting the production schedule and keeping proposal on track
- Maintains and ensures Project Management Plan (PMP) Production Checklist is complete
- Coordinates signature and notary process, management of proposal exhibits, attachments, and appendices for tracking and formatting
- Consolidates content, formats, and performs quality checks of final proposal
- Participates in individual and group proposal reviews/book checks as applicable
- Assembles final proposal package, works with Proposal Manager to ensure PMP production checklist is complete and all documents required are included
- Ships printed copies to the client and tracks package to ensure timely delivery
- Participates in ongoing continuous improvement of the proposal development process including, strategic value trainings, lessons learned sessions and other learning opportunities
- Proactively applies innovative ideas and enhancements to the production process and response templates. Team members are expected to provide suggestions to production/proposal improvements process, participate in initiatives/workgroups as applicable
- Conducts other business development duties as assigned
- Proposal Design
- Adhoc presentation support
- Proactively reviews proposal draft layout and identifies opportunities to convert proposal language into graphics, tables, callout boxes or other visual elements
- Conceptualizes and creates compelling graphics for RFP/RFI responses and text-heavy sections
- Proactively communicates graphic ideas and develops overall proposal layout and production design
- Manages the graphics review during the proposal production process, working closely with the Proposal Manager to ensure all graphics meet legibility and brand guidelines
- Manages the proposal response template design according to the RFP/RFI requirements and client and/or prospects style guide and branding standards. Ensures the final proposal appears professional and polished
- Maintains reusable graphic library
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of proposal coordination experience for large-scale projects
- Experience in desktop publishing is required. Must be able to translate content into graphics, design page layouts and create visually appealing proposals
- Experience creating and repurposing visual elements within a proposal including design, development and implementation of the graphic and layout
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office suite
- Demonstrated ability to use and build stylized proposal templates
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit highly proficient time management, organizational and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with varying timelines in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, independently grasp complex concepts, and manage multiple tasks and priorities without sacrificing quality
- Proven excellent written communication skills and attention to detail with demonstrated ability to take complex problems and collaborate with partners to achieve winning results
- Able to travel for print production to a local FedEx office, Washington DC Metro area print center, or Eden Prairie, MN print center. Up to 10% total travel
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Business Administration, or graphic design related degree
- Government proposal production experience
- Experience in Adobe, InDesign and MS Visio
- Knowledge in Salesforce, RFPIO, MS Teams and SharePoint
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.