Associate Clinical Administrative Coordinator (Onsite) - Jacksonville, FL
Opportunities at Change Healthcare, part of the Optum family of businesses. We are transforming the health care system through innovative technology and analytics. Find opportunities to make a difference in a variety of career areas as we all play a role in accelerating health care transformation. Help us deliver cutting-edge solutions for patients, hospitals and insurance companies, resulting in healthier communities. Use your talents to improve the health outcomes of millions of people and discover the meaning behind: Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This position is full - time, Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work any shift between the hours of 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM including the flexibility to work occasional overtime, volunteer weekend, or holiday coverage based on business need. Our office is located at Baptist Medical Center, 800 Prudential Drive, Jacksonville, FL, 32207.
We offer weeks of paid on the job training with the Hiring Manager or a seasoned representative. The hours during training will be 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM from Monday - Friday. Training will be conducted onsite.
- Interviewing clients in a hospital setting and / or home visits to assist them in obtaining maximum benefit coverage
- Completing application for state and federal programs, reviewing medical records, and taking all actions necessary to expedite benefit approval
- May be responsibility for maintaining ongoing communications with government agencies regarding the status of claims
- Provide updates and assistance to hospital personnel and other staff as needed
- Maintain documentation of status of claims and client contact on Change Healthcare computer system
- Other responsibilities that are customer specific
- Knowledge of state and federal programs
- Assisting with mentorship opportunities and team trainings
- Pull daily referral reports
- Responsible for internal reporting
- Ability to float to different facilities if needed
- Assist with customer meetings when needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of healthcare experience
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time (Domestic)
- Ability to work any shift between the hours of 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM from Monday - Friday including the flexibility to work occasional overtime, volunteer weekend, or holiday coverage based on business need
- Previous social services experience
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.