Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data, and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
The Care Coordinator (also referred to as a Referral Coordinator) is responsible to the Center Administrator and assists with medical management data entry and referral functions.
- Responsible for total coordination and processing of all patient referrals for specialty services
- Enters all referral, hospital, outpatient, DME and other patient specialty health service authorizations into the computer system according to Company policy and procedure
- Receives consultant reports, maintains documentation, and routes to the appropriate physician promptly. Coordinates pre-admission testing requirements with clinic personnel and patient
- Completes all administrative functions associated with referral activities in a timely manner
- Responsible for monitoring all referral reports not received and timely follow-up in accordance with Company policy and procedure
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of medical office experience with referral processing for HMO plans
- 1+ years of experience coordinating pre-admission testing requirements with clinic personnel and patients
- 1+ years of experience with consultant reports, maintaining documentation, and routing to the appropriate physicians
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to work from the office location at 461 West Oak Street, Kissimmee, FL 34741: Monday – Friday 8-5pm ET
- Previous experience with ECW or Athena
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.