Senior Clinical Administrative Coordinator
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Senior Clinical Administrative Coordinator provide in person care for current patients in the ER, who are being discharged to a non-impatient facility. Senior Clinical Administrative Coordinator ensure the patients receive the necessary follow-up appointments\treatment for their behavioral or substance needs.
If you reside in Las Vegas, Nevada, you’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
Schedule: 40 hours a week 8 hour shift any day of the week, including weekends. The shifts start from 11: 30 am to 9:00 pm PST. The shifts are to be determine by the practice manager upon hire. This position is a field-based position with a home-based office. You will work from home when you are not on location or onsite.
Locations: North Vista Hospital, 1409 East Lake Meade Blvd, Las Vegas, Nevada , Sunrise Hospital 3186 S Maryland Pkwy, Las Vegas, NV 89109 and University Medical Center (UMC) 1800 W Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89102
- Contacts the aftercare providers (individual practitioners and/or Community Mental Health Centers) and records aftercare appointments in UBH Care Management system
- Determines if the enrollee is aware of his / her aftercare plan and provides assistance with any additional behavioral health needs
- Provide members an aftercare appointment
- Assists members with understanding locating community support services
- Support the creation and assist with the implementation of a comprehensive discharge plan prior to leaving the ER with the members
- Enable us to communicate effectively with members and their families about all aspects of the seeking assistance from mental health providers
- Serve as liaison between Optum, the Health Plan and those who use services
- Respond to concerns and questions from members and families
- Collaborate with Care Managers, Hospital Staff, Providers, and Community agencies and organizations to facilitate access to and transition between emergency room services and outpatient services
- Identify and initiate referrals for Health Plan Nevada (HPN) and behavioral health programs
- Utilize strong skill sets of managing multiple tasks at a time, being self-motivated, driven toward quality results, managing time well, being very detailed oriented and organized, work well in a team and on your own, and ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Adhere to detailed, specific documentation requirements in the member’s health record
- Engage members either face to face
- Performs other duties as assigned
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED or (higher) OR 4+ years equivalent experience in behavioral health, social services or medical field
- 2+ years of Casework experience at hospitals, social service agencies or community mental health centers
- 1+ year of experience with community outreach and/or field work experience in a health care or behavioral health setting
- Intermediate level of computer proficiency, including internet searches and MS Office applications
- Access to a designated quiet workspace in your home (separated from non-workspace areas) with the ability to secure Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Live in a location that can receive an approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet
- Ability to travel locally approximately 75% of the time and up to 45 miles round trip with Reliable transportation, that will enable you to travel North Vista Hospital, 1409 East Lake Meade Blvd, Las Vegas, Nevada, Sunrise Hospital 3186 S Maryland Pkwy, Las Vegas, NV 89109, and University Medical Center (UMC) 1800 W Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89102, with a current and non-restricted state of Nevada driver’s license and state-required insurance
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher)
- 1+ year knowledge of community-based resources and services
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- Understand Behavioral Health diagnosis and terminology
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working with low-income populations
- Strong oral and written communication skills — specifically telephone skills
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills and scheduling skills as observed in day-to-day work
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail, as observed in day-to-day work
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Demonstrate flexibility, ability to follow through on all tasks in a timely fashion, good attention to detail and a willingness to learn
- Strong team player, initiative in achieving individual and team goals, and team building skills
- Able to handle sensitive issues with members and providers in a confidential manner
- Demonstrates initiative in achieving individual, team, and organizational goals and objectives
- Creative problem-solving skills with the ability to use community and network resources to meet members' needs
- Ability and flexibility to assume responsibilities and tasks in a constantly changing work environment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Work with a Fortune 5 organization that’s serving millions of people as we transform health care with bold ideas. Bring your energy for driving change for the better. Help us improve health access and outcomes for everyone, as we work to advance health equity, connecting people with the care they need to feel their best. As an industry leader, our commitment to improving lives is second to none.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Nevada residents is $18.80 to $36.78. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.