Associate Clinical Administrative Coordinator - National Remote
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Optum Home & Community Care, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is creating something new in health care. We are uniting industry-leading solutions to build an integrated care model that holistically addresses an individual’s physical, mental and social needs – helping patients access and navigate care anytime and anywhere.
As a team member of our naviHealth product, we help change the way health care is delivered from hospital to home supporting patients transitioning across care settings. This life-changing work helps give older adults more days at home.
We’re connecting care to create a seamless health journey for patients across care settings. Join our team, it’s your chance to improve the lives of millions while doing your life’s best work.SM
This position is full - time (40 hours / week), Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work any assigned 8-hour shift between the hours of 7:00 AM - 12:00 AM (midnight) CST including the flexibility to work occasional overtime based on business need.
We offer 2 weeks of paid training (paired with SME). The hours during training will be 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM CST. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Manage the intake of members or the admission / discharge information post notification
- Work with hospitals, clinics, facilities and the clinical team to manage requests for services from members and / or providers
- Manage the referral process, processing incoming and outgoing referrals and prior authorizations, including intake, notification and census roles
- Provide appropriate triage and care coordination notification cases for non - clinical assessment / intervention
- Handle resolution / inquiries from members and / or providers
This is high volume, customer service environment. You’ll need to be efficient, productive and thorough dealing with our members over the phone. You also must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes evening hours.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of customer service experience with analyzing and solving customer problems
- Proficiency with using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel (ability to create, edit, save, and send documents and spreadsheets)
- Ability to work any assigned 8-hour shift between the hours of 7:00 AM - 12:00 AM (midnight) CST from Monday - Friday including the flexibility to work occasional overtime based on business need
- Experience with working within the health care Industry and with health care insurance
- A clerical OR administrative support background
- Knowledge of ICD - 9 and CPT codes
- Experience in working with Medicare and / OR Medicaid Services
- Call center experience
- Reside within the state of Tennessee, North Carolina, Utah, Arizona
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Experience with working in a metric - driven work environment
- Must be able to type and talk at the same time and navigate through multiple screens
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Washington, or Rhode Island Residents Only: The hourly range for California / Colorado / Connecticut / Nevada / New Jersey / Washington / Rhode Island residents is $16.00 - $27.31 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.