Transplant Coordinator, BMT & Cell Therapy Clinical
- Outpatient Bone Marrow Transplant Cell Therapy
- Monday - Friday, No Weekends or Holidays
- 8 Hour Shifts
- Benefits Eligible
Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center is the largest hospital in Missouri and is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Barnes-Jewish Hospital's staff is composed of full-time academic faculty and community physicians of Washington University School of Medicine, supported by a house staff of residents, interns, fellows and other medical professionals. Recognizing its excellence in nursing care, Barnes-Jewish Hospital was the first adult hospital in Missouri to be certified as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
The Alvin J. Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine is an international leader in cancer treatment, research, prevention, education and community outreach. It is the only cancer center in Missouri and within a 240-mile radius of St. Louis to hold the prestigious Comprehensive Cancer Center designation from the National Cancer Institute and membership in the National Comprehensive Cancer Network. Parent institutions Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine also are nationally recognized, with U.S. News & World Report consistently ranking the hospital and medical school among the nation's elite. The Outpatient Stem Cell Transplantation, Leukemia and Lymphoma team serves patients and families with hematologic malignancies. The clinical support crosses the patient care experience and facilitates continuity between the inpatient and outpatient environments. The program offers medical services and technologies that are state-of-the-art, while never losing sight of the importance of delivering one-on-one care.
Coordinates the care of solid organ transplant patients. Collects and evaluates existing data to determine the suitability of potential transplant recipients and donors. Monitors, evaluates and reports postoperative organ function and complications for the transplant recipient and live donor. Provides discharge instruction, coordinates post-transplant follow-up care, monitors patient status, and facilitates the physical, social and emotional rehabilitation of the patient. Plans, conducts and evaluates educational activities regarding organ donation and transplantation.
- Manages the health care of transplant patients and donors.
- Coordinates care with physicians and health care team.
- Provides education throughout continuum of care.
- Documents patient assessment and diagnosis, plan of care, implementation and evaluation of care and teaching on assigned patients.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team to identify and resolve problems in patient care management.
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's
- 2-5 years
- No Experience
Licenses & Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5-10 years
Licenses & Certifications
- Cert Clinical Transplant Coord
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer