Sr Healthcare Data Analyst - Minnetonka, MN or Telecommute (106585551)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The UHC Medicare and Retirement Healthcare Economics team leads and influences decision making for the Medicare and Retirement line of business. The primary focus of the team is to complete financial evaluations and drive value through the identification of medical savings opportunities. The UHC Medicare and Retirement Healthcare Economics Team also helps the broader UHC business understand the impact of operational changes on our finances and explain trends in our claims data. The market team is the local market operation’s team trusted partners. We help local market CEO’s, CMO’s, and network to make data based decisions. The environment is challenging and fast-paced, requiring flexibility, and a willingness to stretch and learn. Team members are expected to have a high level of energy, a passion for driving demonstrable value at speed, and solid critical-thinking skills.
As the Senior Healthcare Data Analyst, you will assist in the creation of meaningful datasets, use tools to create tables that are included in presentations that are shared both internally and externally, assist market leads in analytic analysis requested by the local markets. You will work both independently and as part of a broader team to conduct analyses on the financial and operational performance of utilization and cost management programs. This Sr Analyst will be given the opportunity to grow and develop into a more senior member of the team who are trusted partners of local market decision makers team.
- Identify, analyze, and explain Medicare medical trends using claims-based analyses
- Apply solid critical thinking skills to anticipate questions from key stakeholders and consider all aspects of an analysis before completion
- Use SAS/SQL to construct claims-based datasets
- Construct polished MS Excel models to satisfy analytical requests
- Collaborate and grow relationships with the finance, product, and clinical teams as well as other areas to create a connection between medical trend evaluations and financial results
- Provide ongoing, meaningful, communications to managers on project status, results and conclusions from analyses
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Math, Statistics, Acturial Science, Economics, a related degree, OR commiserate experience
- 1+ years of applicable corporate or academic experience in data analytics-examining and summarizing data to uncover insights
- Intermediate or higher level of profiency with MS Excel (practical experience working with pivot tables, advanced formulas, graphs, vlookups)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination may be an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Advanced Degree
- Claims analytics experience
- SAS/SQL experience
- Team oriented and motivated to collaborate
- Solid attention to detail and accuracy
- Proactive problem-solving abilities
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $54,400 to $97,000. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $60,000 to $106,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.