Data Governance Specialist - naviHealth - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Careers with naviHealth. At naviHealth, our mission is to work with extraordinarily talented people who are committed to making a positive and powerful impact on society by transforming health care.
naviHealth is the result of almost two decades of dedicated visionary leaders and innovative organizations challenging the status quo for care transition solutions. We do health care differently and we are changing health care one patient at a time.
The Data Governance Analyst is essential to implementing components of naviHealth’s Data Governance Program, with a vision of driving a disciplined approach to caring for naviHealth enterprise data that ensures compliance, integrity, and trust across the data lifecycle. They will work collaboratively across naviHealth to build a data culture that ensures secured enterprise data is defined, consistent, of good quality, used correctly, available, and accessible in a controlled manner.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Experience with Data Governance policies and processes
- Knowledge of data protection concepts
- Knowledge of HIPAA, PHI, PPP, privacy laws and regulations
- Intermediate facilitation skills with the ability to drive issues to closure
- Ensure data stakeholders are managing data as an asset
- Execute and monitor data governance policies, procedures, and best practices
- Educate and bring awareness on data governance concepts and policies
- Coordinate stakeholder meetings; take detailed meeting notes for the naviHealth Data Governance Program activities
- Assist with data stewardship, data governance working groups, and operational structure (standardize roles and responsibilities)
- Drive consistent data definition and context across naviHealth by assisting with governance and standardization of vocabularies/glossaries/terminology and KPIs
- Ability to write various documents such as data requirements, policies, guideline
- Develop data governance control structures to ensure the accuracy and quality of data throughout the data lifecycle
- Ensure transparency and consistency in all data outputs
- Ability to deliver a high level of customer service
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business, or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years of Data Governance experience, data quality or similar level data analysis experience
- Healthcare data experience
- Knowledge of HIPAA, PHI, PPP, privacy laws and regulations
- Good understanding of data management processes, data flows, data relationships, data quality management, and data governance
- Intermediate/advanced level proficiency with Alation, SharePoint, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Project, Visio, and Outlook
- Self-motivated and able to handle tasks with minimal supervision
- Solid analytical and time management skills
Being a pioneer in post-acute management and care transitions with 19 years of experience, naviHealth is uniquely positioned to manage patients, improve clinical and financial outcomes, and share risk with payors and providers. We provide clinical service support alongside proprietary technology and advisory solutions that empower health systems, health plans and post-acute providers to navigate care episodes across the continuum, with the goal of reducing waste and improving patient outcomes.
We care about the people we serve.
We care about each other.
We care about our communities.
We embrace innovation.
We like simple.
naviHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
© 2019 OptumCare. All rights reserved.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $21.68 to $38.56. The hourly range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $23.94 to $42.40. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.