Provider Data Consultant and Analyst - Remote
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Expanding access to affordable, high quality health care starts here. This is where some of the most innovative ideas in health care are created every day. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care.
We're seeking a flexible self-starter with an investigative nature to fill a Provider Data Consultant & Analyst business role on our Provider Data Analytics and Delivery team. In this role you would enjoy tremendous opportunity for growth, as well as the chance to be a recognized subject-matter-expert on healthcare provider data. You would also gain exposure to all areas of the company.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Working in a cross functional environment in obtaining and understanding the business requirements for the provider network state compliance file, the purpose of use of the file and any related operational impact of the compliance file, writing solid business requirements, and clearly communicating data elements/formatting/timelines to technical support for state file production
- Needs to have the capability to become a SME and single point of contact for the Health Plans they primarily work with on the state file process
- Utilize experience working in a client facing environment with a sense of urgency, and the ability to consistently execute on deliverables timely
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of experience in business/data analysis within a cross functional environment
- 2+ years of experience successfully managing one or more major projects, which integrate multiple business areas or systems
- 2+ years of experience gathering requirements from the client/business and creating solid documentation
- 2+ years of experience with process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and / or evaluation of business processes
- Working knowledge of relational databases, database structures
- Intermediate level of proficiency with PC based software programs and automated database management systems required (Access, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience working in Front/Backend of NDB, CLM/Emptoris and CSP platforms
- Experience in healthcare
- Knowledge of RSA Process/IT/SDLC experience
- Ability to communicate analysis including trends and opportunities to clients and the business in writing and verbally
- Ability to problem solve including multiple priorities and research conflicting and/or inaccurate data
- Self-starter; Team Player; Quality Minded; Focused, Committed, Work Independently
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.