Platform Engineer, Enterprise Data Lake
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Enterprise Data Lakehouse Platform Engineer will work with a team of Bristol Myers Squibb resources and Service Providers responsible for the delivery (BUILD) and ongoing support (RUN) of Enterprise Data Lake services across Bristol Myers Squibb. Along with accountability for the platform engineering of CDP platform, this role assists our Enterprise Data Platform Support & Operations team as needed. This role will deliver business performance by providing rock solid robust platform services and deliver expected business outcomes on time and on budget.
Enterprise Data Lakehouse platform engineer will be responsible for managing end to end data processing and consumption platform and work closely with key stakeholders (e.g. business functional and enabling services such as Cloud Team) to enable its adoption with appropriate governance. He/She will be responsible for operations and full lifecycle management of an existing Enterprise Data Lake Services to support business needs and monitor successful execution. This role is part of Data Platform team, the team responsible for providing platform engineering and operations services to BMS.
This role offers the selected candidate the opportunity to interact with Bristol Myers Squibb professionals globally, partnering with other IT organizations and business organizations across the company. You will work with passionate and motivated individuals, gain insight into all faucets of Bristol Myers Squibb businesses from early discovery, to manufacturing & logistics to commercial and financial operations. You will be a valued member of the Enterprise Integration team focused on fulfilling the Bristol Myers Squibb mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
• Responsible for managing CDP platform with significantly complex integration points
• Responsible for Platform Engineering, support and operations which includes Incident and problem management, minor enhancements and break fixes.
• Collaborates with clients, developers and vendors to determine requirements, criticality and timelines
• Ensures RUN operations are reliable, accessible, compliant and secure
• Ensures RUN operations deliver as per SLA’s
• Actively monitor and mitigate any performance, scalability or sustainability issues with platform or application components.
• Provides proactive and appropriate communication (written and verbally) to technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Assist Operations & Support team with successful ongoing support of EDLS platform
• Assist Platform Operations lead to manage Software Licenses, Maintenance & Support agreements
• Participate in Mission/Business critical Incident resolution activities
• Strategize/Contribute to continuous improvement efforts of EDLS platform
• Ensures compliance with required policies and governances
Qualifications & Experience
• 7+ years of Information technology experience in implementation and support of enterprise systems
• Technical skills and Hands-on experience in CDP, Data Lake principles, modern technologies stack, AWS technologies, and database design
• Operate independently within the guidelines of overall position and objectives
• Appropriately raise and escalate issues and/or risks and challenge assumptions
• Demonstrates a strong attention to detail and a commitment to process quality, continuous improvement and operational excellence.
• Understanding of Cloud Services Platforms
• Proven experience of working on application development projects; exceptional working knowledge of common SDLC models
• Proven experience with Incident resolution management (Includes communication with technical and non-technical stakeholders)
• 5+ years Project and/or support experience
• Experience working with on and offshore resourced teams
• Exceptional customer interaction and communication skills, including interaction with non-technical audiences
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.