Data Analytics Lead, Cell Therapy
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
The primary focus of the Data Analytics Lead will be to define, develop, deliver and support analytics systems to ensure they meet the business’ needs and requirements across the Jump manufacturing plant in Bothell WA and Cell Therapy network.
The role requires a creative developer that can think outside of the box and enjoys challenging projects. The role will perform ongoing support, design, development, and delivery activities related to data services, data analytics, and the application of advanced tools. This role is passionate about the intersection of data and life sciences and should apply process engineering, data engineering, analytics, and software development skills to solve problems in this domain.
The candidate should have at least 5 years of experience in pharma/biotech with specific expertise in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Manufacturing and Quality System disciplines, experience in turning raw data into information and insight, which can be used to make business decisions, and process automation.
This role requires self-motivated drive for success, enthusiasm, exceptional collaboration and communication skills, and current technical skills in the areas of responsibility outlined below.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related Data Science and Engineering disciplines preferred or equivalent years experience.
- Must have experience with using automated tools to extract data from primary and secondary sources.
- 5+ years’ experience leveraging data to drive business decision making, preferably related to Manufacturing and Quality Systems.
- Demonstrates mastery in data & analytics skillsets such as data provisioning, data products, data mining, data visualization, machine learning, code development, Github, cloud computing platforms like AWS, or equivalent.
- Lead initiatives related to continuous improvement or implementation of new technologies.
- Can work independently or leading a team on deliverables.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent problem-solving, presentation, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Articulates and presents complex information clearly and concisely across all levels. Demonstrates abilities and knowledge in being able to explain and present complex topics clearly.
- Knowledge of analytic tools such as R and Python; databases such as Redshift, RDS, SQL and Oracle; and reporting tools such as Tableau and Spotfire.
- Knowledge of software engineering practices: Dev Ops, Source Control, Agile Methodology, ML Ops, Front-end or full-stack web development a plus.
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts and Big data.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and provide escalation when required.
- Knowledge of cGMP, GXP, GAMP, SDLC regulations, including 21CFR part 11, and good documentation practices.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical, manufacturing and laboratory systems and equipment that support Biologics and clinical manufacturing.
- Understanding of computer system validation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work as integral member of cross-functional team to gather and document requirements to meet business needs and drive analytic insight.
- Design and maintain analytics applications and tools with the goal of monitoring, analyzing, gaining insight, and predicting based on Cell Therapy Manufacturing data sets.
- Generate documentation including data dictionaries and pipeline documents.
- Building and maintaining data warehouse data integrations leveraging MS SQL Integration services and Python data engineering & science modules.
- Develop and Optimize SQL Queries leveraged by existing integration services, reporting processes and data analysis reports.
- Develop dashboards and visualizations for ongoing measurement and KPIs.
- Implement Database Schema designs and data pipelines.
- Develop and maintain current reports in existing reporting platforms.
- Profile source system data as needed to provide feedback for business requirements.
- Strong people and team management skills (working through others, building team rapport)
WORKING CONDITIONS (US Only):
Office environment, seated majority of time. Must be able to move equipment (up to 25lbs).
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. There are other duties and responsibilities that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion, and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.