Healthcare Economics Systems and Data Engineer, UHC M&R Underwriting and HCE - Minnetonka, MN or Telecommute (99133853)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As the Healthcare Economics Systems & Data Engineer, you will support data operations and drive data automation opportunities for the Medicare and Retirement Healthcare Economics team. To succeed in this role, you should have a background in ETL (extract, transform & load) of large datasets, as well as experience overseeing a data environment’s health and performing incident management. The ideal candidate will exhibit strong listening skills and be an excellent communicator who’s able to tell the story about data to a non-technical audience.
The environment is challenging and fast-paced. Team members are expected to possess a passion for healthcare data and data processes. The ideal candidate is adaptable, curious, and action oriented. Join our team of driven individuals dedicated to creating value for our business.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Deploy and maintain data infrastructure, and execute data loading solutions
- Automate and optimize data processes using the best available tools & methods
- Incident management & managing a data environment’s health and stability
- Construct large datasets in SAS/SQL to facilitate analysis, in accordance with business requirements
- Apply critical thinking skills to anticipate likely questions from stakeholders
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of experience with data automation (SAS, TWS or equivalent tools)
- 2+ years of experience constructing datasets for analytics
- 2+ years of experience using SQL or SAS query techniques to access/transform data
- 2+ years of experience with ETL working with large data sets
- 1+ years of creating wrapper scripts in Unix/Linux to support automation
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills with Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Previous experience working with large healthcare datasets
- Experience working with Bigdata Technology/programs - Hive, Spark SQL, Python, R, etc.
- Critical thinker - this position will need to evaluate merits of new and innovative ideas and make sound decisions
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to present data ideas and concepts in a non-technical way to broad audiences
- Self-motivated and comfortable with ambiguity
- Solid relationship building skills to ensure alignment of goals
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $2129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected bylower 48 law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Healthcare Economics, Data Construction, Data Automation, Incident Management, Hive, Spark SQL, Analytics, Analyze, Medical Claims, Medicare, SQL, SAS, Database, Data Validation, Data modeling, Data SME, Data Warehouse, Data Research, Data Support, Data Development & Deployment, Telecommute, WFH, Work From Home, WAH, Work At Home