Healthcare Economics Consultant, Data Science - Telecommute (99115951)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This role is in Optum Care’s Healthcare Economics (HCE) team primarily serving the Care Delivery Organization (CDO) markets located in Texas and Florida. As part of the Texas and Florida HCE Affordability team, you will work with both Optum National HCE and local CDO SME’s to deliver products identifying healthcare affordability savings opportunities. This position will report to the HCE Affordability Associate Director of the Texas and Florida region.
This individual will have access to one of the largest healthcare databases in the world. An ideal candidate will have a natural curiosity and excitement to deeply explore these databases and uncover insights hidden in plain sight. As a result, an especially strong candidate will possess the technical ability to efficiently navigate and wield this data to create quantitative models identifying healthcare affordability savings opportunities. Importantly, an ideal candidate would also understand the challenges of working with real-world data and know how to set both realistic expectations and realistic solutions.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- With strategic speed, create quantitative models to identify affordability savings opportunities
- Develop a pipeline of testable analytical ideas for identifying affordability savings opportunities
- Query SQL databases to build training data sets and provide analytical reports
- Coordinate with partner Optum HCE SME’s to identify or enhance affordability savings opportunities
- Regularly engage customers and stakeholders for providing feedback, delivering project updates, and brainstorming ideas
- Support other on-going national HCE projects by providing technical expertise
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of experience using R or Python
- 2+ years of experience fitting predictive statistical models or machine learning models
- Proficient using data science related packages. Python examples: Scikit Learn, NumPy, etc. R Examples: tidyverse, mlr3, caret, ggplot2, etc.
- Proficient querying SQL-based databases for building analytical data sets
- Proficient wrangling, cleaning, joining, and analyzing large and complex data sets
- Adept at presenting technical findings to both a technical and general audience
- Graduate degree in an applied research field. Ability to perform independent research in a real-world environment
- Experience analyzing healthcare data
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $71,400 to $127,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected bylower 48 law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Healthcare Economics Consultant, Data Science, Telecommute, WFH, Work From Home, WAH, Work At Home